King Lear - Themes (1 Viewer)

herbsby

Hey
ok - so im trying to learn an entire years worth of english work in 4 days, and should be ok... (one day for trial & still got 87%! sweet as)
but for King Lear, you rekon ill need to concentrate much on themes - coz i know productions will be a major section, and our own production - and coz last years HSC was an obvious theme question....do you rekon i should know them all (eg, filial ingratitude, nature, power etc) in detail, like be able to write an answer for last years hsc for each one, coz if i got last yrs hsc q id be screwed.... but u rekon i could just know performances really well, and just general stuff???
thanks a bunch! :)

ben

LOL - I'm doing the opposite, not studying themes because it was in last years.

My guess it's going we are going to have to have an interview between directors of productions. And they have to discuss how their context affected the way they did productions or something crap like that. But that's a wild guess.

This is what I've split my notes (still under construction :p into):
- Analysis of three key scenes (beginning, middle, end)
- Themes
- Shakespeare's Techniques (Brief e.g. irony)
- Readings (very brief)
- Productions
- My interpretation (bs)

Am I missing something important?

Arch-man

I'm going to concentrate on themes. I went to a study camp a few weeks ago, and one of the tutors there said that for English some of the questions that were done poorly across the board would be re-worded and put in this year's HSC. King Lear was one of the worst answered questions apparently.

I'm concentrating on themes and readings in my study on KL. Themes such as vision/insight & nature.

kaz84

what to concentrate on

our teacher concentarted on themes but i didnt listen so im tryin to do themes and imagery and then she gave us all these sheets on different interpretations on the last day of skool so im gonna concentrate on them.
She also said that the markers LOVE QUOTES so try to put as many as u can.
therefore concentrating on imagery, themes, interpretations, characters and the 3 key scenes.
i dunno tho...i hate lear :mad:

alcoholic_yak

I think they will ask about a specific theme. My tip is moral struggle or justice. Something along those lines

I've studyed two scenes and how they have been performed and little bit about a few themes.

DOes anyone else think we'll have to have our own interpretations?? If so wat are some ppls??

Lullaby

i dont know what to do with this one i mean ive sorta studied themes but mostly revised differnt productions if i had to guess what the question was i say it would be something analytical because of all the questions ive revised have been creative they'd probably throw in a essay discussing themes just to throw us:confused:

stressed02

Alcoholic...

About our 'own interpretations' - i think what they'll say is 'interpretations' and that means feminist, absurdist, etc, OR if you dont know one (ie. people in country school's may not know any) so you can make one up. BUT, in our trial the question was something like writing a letter to our cast members discussing the interpretation as a director... so you never know...

ben

Originally posted by stressed02
Alcoholic...

About our 'own interpretations' - i think what they'll say is 'interpretations' and that means feminist, absurdist, etc, OR if you dont know one (ie. people in country school's may not know any) so you can make one up. BUT, in our trial the question was something like writing a letter to our cast members discussing the interpretation as a director... so you never know...
yeah...

"whoops! my personal interpretation just happens to be identical to the family drama interpretation ;D "

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)