King Lear.... (1 Viewer)

Krystle

Thanks so much for all ur help, both of u! i really appreciate it... I'll get the hang of this soon, email me if u like krys1985au@hotmail.com cos i need all the help i can get at the moment!! Im still confused bout values and themes but I'll b ok, i'll just relate my themes to values...?!?! i am off to bed now, so thanks again for all ur help. if u have the time, id love to hear from u bout wot values r presented by my themes, or sumthing...
nice meeting u both, chat soon! xO

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
that's okay!!

i was just noticing how im always slower than you, but maybe it's because i crap on too much instead of being succinct as you are.

i was busy writing/typing up an email too :)

...excuses excuses :D :D
excuses excuses... :p

well at least your posts give more info, maybe a better understanding, and are written in better english!

edit: and u dont have typos like me which i have to keep quick editing
Originally posted by Krystle
Thanks so much for all ur help, both of u! i really appreciate it... I'll get the hang of this soon, email me if u like krys1985au@hotmail.com cos i need all the help i can get at the moment!! Im still confused bout values and themes but I'll b ok, i'll just relate my themes to values...?!?! i am off to bed now, so thanks again for all ur help. if u have the time, id love to hear from u bout wot values r presented by my themes, or sumthing...
nice meeting u both, chat soon! xO
no prob
just remember values are things which are valued
and post on this site anytime, so many people would be happy to help

Huy

HSC
N/A
yep, what iambored said.

except for the "values are things which are valued"
:D

it's like saying "a theme is something that is thematic, one of them themes that those people thoroughly think about, those thematic themes!"

(that was a joke...)
:)

anyway, sure, not a problem krystle.
just come back to English (Advanced) and any other english forum/subsidiary and you'll be able to post a question, etc.

im sure others will respond (if they can offer some help, advice, etc).

emily

hey, just to add to the good advice already given :)

i chose three scenes, and looked at those same three in my different productions, using them to show how each interpretation worked it (if that makes sense!)

and one more thing on values - these are important in relation to the critical study of King Lear as it is these that differ over time and this can be seen in the various producations. As in, when play was first written the Elizabethans valued order so the chaotic play can be seen to reflect this as when chaos ensues everyone suffers,
then as time goes by society changes and people value different things - and can still use King Lear to reflect these different values simply by emphasising certain other aspects, or other themes :)

like, the feminists want to show evilness (this will sound crap - warning :)) of patriachal society, so they emphasis the tyurannous nature of Lear so that it can be seen that that has led to some of the suffering to, get what i mean?

anyhoo, lear's my fav this year in english :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by emily
hey, just to add to the good advice already given :)

i chose three scenes, and looked at those same three in my different productions, using them to show how each interpretation worked it (if that makes sense!)
yeah i get it coz that's what i've done! i think either way is fine. lear is ur fave?? :S

emily

yeah, it's the one i do best in/have a grip on etc,

think i just like the module, it isn't as flimsy as the others!

Krystle

btw????

i do the cut theatre performance (directed by megan finlay) and peter brook's film version...

oi how do u guys get those cool pics underneath ur name??

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Krystle
oi how do u guys get those cool pics underneath ur name??
Find a picture you would like (this is called your "avatar").

In the top right hand corner of your browser, you will find:

"User CP", click it
"Edit Options" (third from the left)

scroll down to the bottom and you will find:
"Avatar"

then click "Change avatar"

Now, make sure your picture is 100 by 100 pixels large, or 40KB (maximum file size).

Upload the picture from your computer, and submit modifications.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)