Kingsford Legal Centre (1 Viewer)

patlaw

HSC
I'm just an ignorant outsider who watched the recent reality bites thing called Street Practice on the ABC. How many law students will actually volunteer to work at the centre or is there a certain number of hours everyone has to do.

Has anyone volunteered at the centre and is it like they portrayed it on the show, actually talking to clients and looking at interesting situations, or do you just get bogged down with paperwork when you step inside the door?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
patlaw said:
Has anyone volunteered at the centre and is it like they portrayed it on the show, actually talking to clients and looking at interesting situations, or do you just get bogged down with paperwork when you step inside the door?
I have a few friends that are doing it, and they said it's pretty much exactly like the show. (But you can choose to take on more or less work if you want.)

I intend to do it either next year or the year after. :) Looks like a great experience.

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
its rather selective...i think most of the unsw law people would be busy doing their advanced contracts and advanced litigation courses
selective?
but working there is one of our electives though..laws2303 i think...16 credits!
i thought it would've been first come-first serve when the enrolment period starts

or are you guys only talking about the volunteer type of working only...

i-color

Do you have to be in a certain year to do that? Cos i wanted to do it but I dont' knwo when we are allowed......certainly not first years right? hehehe.

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
Check the requirements on the faculty homepage...
or i can just answer you..
you gotta have completed litigation and law lawyers...so at least second half of 3rd yr.. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)