Knocking off Ruse (1 Viewer)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Re: Knocking off to Ruse

Feiyt said:
Generalisation will get you no where- I don't hear anyone bitching about SBHS.
Theres a reason for that.

Feiyt said:
Oh, and if you were going to say ' shut up you're in year 10'- go for it if it makes you happy. I honestly couldn't care less.
clearly you do, otherwise you wouldnt have adressed the issue.

pinkly

Hands are handy.
HSC

Feiyt said:
I honestly wonder- if it wasn't James Ruse but some other school such as Hornsby Girls that was first for 10 years, would you exert your prejudice upon them too?
Probably, yes.

:eek:

H

housemouse

When a year 12 Ruse student is asked about his/her estimate Uai, they respond by stating six five, eight five or three zero etc.

Riviet

HSC
N/A

In general, I normally hear the "point" in front ot the number, so "point nine five". I guess it suggests that the "99" part is taken for granted and expected for that particular student.

H

housemouse

At first, I thought they were expecting a uai of sixty five or something like that but it seems like they're so up themselves that they dont even have to say ninety nine point something. They say it like any uai below ninety nine is complete rubbish.

H

housemouse

Would Ruse be mostly students from overseas?

shepwarp

HSC

I don't think we have any schools like that in Tasmania... :S... not yet anyway... if our principal gets her way and turns us into a dump of an exclusive school *rolls eyes* then maybe we will... although I seriously doubt it :p... not that many ppl go well in tasmania all up... a few population issues.

Last edited:

shepwarp

HSC

Overseas students always seem to be so much ahead of everything we're doing in class etc

A l

HSC
N/A

Don't you have to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible for entry into selective schools?

H

housemouse

Riviet said:
What makes you think that? :confused:
Well I was just asking although from somewhere on the internet (cant remember where) I read something about the choices year 6 students are making about which selective school they are going to and it mentions that James Ruse is mostly Chinese and Korean from overseas.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC

Somewhere on the internet? This site of course...

A l

HSC
N/A

housemouse said:
Well I was just asking although from somewhere on the internet (cant remember where) I read something about the choices year 6 students are making about which selective school they are going to and it mentions that James Ruse is mostly Chinese and Korean from overseas.
I think you mean they have people mostly from a Chinese or Korean background.
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2005/11/25/1132703380784.html

adamantium

HSC
hey mate, I noe exactly wat u mean by knocking ruse off tha top spot...however I was deeply disappointed when my skoOl teacher told me dat it is literally impossible to beat james ruse academically.
To tha board of studies, James Ruse will alwaiz be at tha top. Even if another skoOl say, Hornsby Girls or Sydney Grammar knocks them off, James Ruse will still take tha higher mark no matter wat...><''' My skoOl doesnt haf a chance against James Ruse in general but deres nothing we can do T_T

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)