• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Knowing ALL Gwen arwood Poems? (2 Viewers)

Did you learn all the poems?

• Yes

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Did you learn all your poems for your essay? Or just specific ones?

I'm not sure what I should do. I can't be bothered learning them all, I only know two, and so far it has worked fine. Not sure about the HSC.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I think it would probably be a good idea to possibly learn another poem, if you have time. What ones do you know well?

As for myself, I know five of them well, and hope to name-drop 'Prizegiving' somewhere without actually going in depth about it.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I was told it'd be best to use 3 or 4. I'm using 3 (the ones I'm most confident with). I wouldn't have any time to fit any more in.

So I'm only really revising those 3. I don't see much point learning the others if I'm not going to use them

Last edited:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I know "The Glass Jar" and "Prize-giving"

I'm probably gonna take a gamble :p

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
I was told it'd be best to use 3 or 4. I'm using 3 (the ones I'm most confident with). I wouldn't have any time to fit any more in.

So I'm only really revising those 3. I don't see much point learning the others if I'm not going to use them
I don't plan to write all 5. I only plan to write 2. But if the question asks you something that doens't have much relevance to your poems it would be hard to answer.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
YEAH, I'm taking the risk with glass jar and in the park.:(

but i do have prepared paragraphs for the other poems (except for that mother poem, and in mornington), but i don't think i'll have enough room to memorise those paragraphs though.:(

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Well, all the poems are about change. The question is going to be about change...I'm sure I can fit them into my answer.

I mean, I know the others fairly well in case of an emergency, but I doubt I'll need them

kokeshi

HSC
N/A
I know I should know them all to be on the safe side. I know three but I'm aiming to use two (The Glass Jar, Prize-giving).

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
Well, all the poems are about change. The question is going to be about change...I'm sure I can fit them into my answer.

I mean, I know the others fairly well in case of an emergency, but I doubt I'll need them
yeah, thats how i justify to my teacher how its alright to just learn 2....:D

also rem. the question is always gonna b general coz there's other texts under "changing self" u know...so the question has to accomodate for them as well.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Originally posted by dirty dave
shoul we have one supplmentary per poem we use, plus one for the change booklet?
I think you should know somewhere between 2-4 supp texts altogether. And even though they'll probably only ask for one from the stimulus booklet, I've seen questions where they ask for 2, so I would know another one to be on the safe side

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by TastesGoodBut
you need to know them all because they can ask specific poem to be analysed... if they do that you could be very fucked but it has been done with scryzenuckle or whoever he is before so...
can u tell me exactly where in the hsc it did that?:(

TastesGoodBut

i dunbno - they did it for one of the modules or topics or sumthing, and i know in our trials they did it and things...

same with change booklet last year they were pissed of at the amount of ppl that used sky high and the door so they could just as easily ask a specific one...

i doubt they wouild be that mean but still

TastesGoodBut

well - if you look at i think last years with donne they specified a poem i believe

im not expecting it to happen but i might do an hour all up thinking of how in worst case scenario i could get fractals to relate to self or wahtever... and how other harwood poems etc - -just in urgent moments...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by TastesGoodBut
well - if you look at i think last years with donne they specified a poem i believe

im not expecting it to happen but i might do an hour all up thinking of how in worst case scenario i could get fractals to relate to self or wahtever... and how other harwood poems etc - -just in urgent moments...
hmm...yeah i had a look at it, but its understandable, coz that module completely focuses just on poems...whilst when u look at "changing self" they have to ask a question that caters for students doing poems (hardwood) to novels (my place) to films (much ado about nothing), so they can't restrict u in the gwen harwood poetry (since they have to make it equal for the other texts)....thats my two cents.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)