• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Knowing ALL Gwen arwood Poems? (1 Viewer)

Did you learn all the poems?

• Yes

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
yeah that's true... but "tastesgoodbut" is just setting up the worst case scenario...

it's very unlikely that they could say to choose a specific poem or a specific text from the change booklet - but it could still happen... our teacher said to know 3 poems in detail, then know the other 3 well enough to just put in a point here or there about them... the same with the stimulus booklet - know 2 well, and be able to talk briefly about the other 4 (yes it is hard to work out how fractals and such relate to changing self...)

Nupil

HSC
N/A
Well ...

Last year the question was on "Developing Self" as I'm sure you're all aware ... and the biggest criticism of the responses was due to the nature of the question, candidates had limited themselves by choosing poems that didn't truly denote an extended development in self. I.e: Prize-Giving ... that's the instance where it would've been advisable to have two back-up poems that explored a development E.g: At Mornington and Father and Child.

But I suppose if you're like me and all your texts conflict anyway - any question they give you, you're going to have to disagree with. That's why I reckon it's important to know two poems really really well and all the different possibile ways they can be manipulated. For Developing Self I would've argued that there isn't always development and gone on that tangent. But that's my specifics.

I wanted to use Sturts Dreaming, just didn't have anything to do with what I wanted it to. Stupid Sky-High. I hate it. And can they ask for two? I highly doubt they would ... because then you'd be being expected to talk about 6 texts sufficiently - and there really isn't time for that ... referencing is totally different, but in-depth anaylsis?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)