Knox Grammar seminars (1 Viewer)

*Flutterby*

Who here went on the extension 2 day at the beginning of the month? And what did you go for? Hey what did you think about it?
Just wondering what other people think that's all.

sickwithlove

Queen Beathen
HSC
it was pretty good. The woman i had in the short stories section was strange- to intro herself she said "i am an acclaimed poet"....she was not afraid to blow her own trumpet. plus the ETA rep that was supervisin our group had the most annoying speech impediment imaginable!!!..........Apart from all that and the extremely early start to arrive there on time- it was great!

SeNioRiTa

yeh i went aswell
i found that the poetry lady was pretty useless....i mean she was a hell experienced poet but she went on about how great her work was and kept us in the breaks half the time.

the reflection statement seminar was real good. the guy was pretty damn funny for a lecturer..."reflections statement from hell" a classic!

Red Lady

Originally posted by sickwithlove
The woman i had in the short stories section was strange- to intro herself she said "i am an acclaimed poet"....she was not afraid to blow her own trumpet. plus the ETA rep that was supervisin our group had the most annoying speech impediment imaginable!!!..........
I was in the same group for the short stories. I found the lady that we had to be of little to no use and the ETA rep was plain annoying. But I found the Reflection Statement really helpful.

The worst thing was getting lost in Sydney and having to travel for 5 1/2 hours each way to get there.

mayhemily

HSC
Hey yeah i was in that group too!! did she have the most annoying, droning voice or what? And well la-di-da miss acclaimed poet. You really helped me out with my SHORT STORY.

Bah. Twas a waste of time that workshop - espesh after a VERY VERY VERY long overnight trin trip. But the reflection statement was good. By the way, which ones were you guys?

*Flutterby*

i was in the music auditorium for the first seminar and then i went to the reflection statement which was a LOT of help

J

jhakka

The short story chick sucked. Blah blah blah my first novel blah blah blah my other poem...

*Flutterby*

lol@jhakka funnier
who liked 1st text
who liked second
who liked third
well i m going to do that one because i think it was the most interesting i mean HELLO noone else liked it so why do it for gods sake :S

*Flutterby*

she was like kinda superior but honestly she didnt help me in the slightest i thought that the reflection statement helped more way more then that stupid seminar. since my boyfriends aunt died the night before i was very pissed off at having to go i wanted to stay with the family. and we got lost so it wasnt the best day to start off wit. other then the reflection statement i wouldve been better off staying at home and writing

mayhemily

HSC
I agree. I was so disapointed having travelled so far. But what can you do, she was good for a laugh... I suppose.

*Flutterby*

nup i dont even think that i honestly think it was a waste of time. the reflection statement made up for it i spose. but still... travelling so far for nothing was beyond belief *shrugs*

Red Lady

We were up the front closest to the "short story" lady on the right. I was so bored for the first part of the day. Oh well, at least it looks like i did something in my journal now

sickwithlove

Queen Beathen
HSC
i was up the back on the opposite side (near the ETA rep....yay...) 3rd from the end! i thought the R/S thing was goodish. it was good 4 me and the guy i was with coz we got to see how much we had done compared to evry1 else. We were sitting near these strange ppl tho who were kinda slow....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)