KORE1000 textlist/etc (1 Viewer)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
I've just changed to this course since I realised another one I was taking really isn't my thing, so I know I'm behind a three hour lecture and two hour tutorial.
My question is, does anyone know if we need any text books for this? There is no textlist on the UNSW bookshop website (or.. it isn't working for me). If there isn't a text book, is there any other basics we need? Obviously a dictionary comes to mind, any specific type? I've only just enrolled in it so I can't access the course on webCT yet (should I be able to yet?).

Last edited:

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Just got access to WebCT, seems we don't need a text book and just print off sheets each week.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
It was pretty awesome, fairly easy course too. Not many people took it first semester, only 20 or so, so I doubt they'd get enough to run 1A second semester. Plus the same teachers (other than Evon, for those of you playing at home) are taking 1B so they probably cbf teaching 1A at the same time.

But yeah, it was good fun. Can't wait until 1B (1001) starts.

EDIT: lol I was a noob when I made this thread ;'

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
I should PM you but i already started typing this comment :/

Marks wise how did you go?

PM me if you want :eek:

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Distinction. Even though it was a language I was just cramming most of the vocab like a week before each exam, could've probably hit a HD if I kept up properly each week.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Exact mark?

Oh and what are your subjects for next sem mike :eek:

I'm doing english, linguistics and history :eek::eek:

Cuthar

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Bobness said:
Exact mark?

Oh and what are your subjects for next sem mike :eek:

I'm doing english, linguistics and history :eek::eek:

Cuthar
78 lolz.

So far.. macroeconomics, japanese 1b and korean 1b. Also doing the core education subject I'm supposed to do.. but I might change this before we need to finalise. It sounds so gay and I'm probably transferring anyways.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Hahaha yeah i noticed in your sig two weeks back it was just B Arts (Jap) so i was wondering if your transfer to straight arts was successful.

I want to do arts again. But it'll probably be gay.

(Not straight arts that is)

You didn't comment on whether korean was as hawt as my link :shy:

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Bobness said:
Hahaha yeah i noticed in your sig two weeks back it was just B Arts (Jap) so i was wondering if your transfer to straight arts was successful.

I want to do arts again. But it'll probably be gay.

(Not straight arts that is)

You didn't comment on whether korean was as hawt as my link :shy:
Oh it is. Maybe hawter. Depends on the people in the class too I guess, I'm with a real social bunch of people and we all get along great and go out for dinner and shit (even though I dogged the KORE students dinner, sorry KORE3000 peeps :() so it makes it more awesome.

I might try pick up a commerce (HAH) or economics degree, I dunno. I'll be keeping my arts though, but I'm struggling to find enough subjects under arts at unsw to interest me. I wish I could just do pure Japanese and Korean subjects or something :( But most of the electives are like, level 3+ needed.

As for teachers, I actually came to like Evon seon saeng nim in the end. I thought he was a wanker at first, but his stories made for many lulz and he ended up being an awesome bloke. I'm about to have the "evil" shin (along with "smurf" shin) so let's see how Korean turns out this semester.

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Nothing's hawter than song hye :eek:

Yeah arts at unsw is pretty deplorable. I looked at the electives for English, where when you hit 3rd year you have to do 2 subjects out of 4 that are offered to obtain a major. The lack of choice is infuriating.

http://english.arts.unsw.edu.au/engl/2007_c/2007 Provisional Courses.html

Australian studies and Gothicism? No thanks.

Btw you considered switching to usyd? Blergh unsw better start some real electives post haste before i consider it.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Bobness said:
Nothing's hawter than song hye :eek:

Yeah arts at unsw is pretty deplorable. I looked at the electives for English, where when you hit 3rd year you have to do 2 subjects out of 4 that are offered to obtain a major. The lack of choice is infuriating.

http://english.arts.unsw.edu.au/engl/2007_c/2007 Provisional Courses.html

Australian studies and Gothicism? No thanks.

Btw you considered switching to usyd? Blergh unsw better start some real electives post haste before i consider it.
It's crossed my mind, but there's something about UNSW I just love.. which is why I didn't just go to usyd in the first place.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
I thought it wasn't bad but a few of my friends HDed it, I feel like a gimp shit now :eek:

Hoping to be a lot more consistant this sem.. going to have to be if I plan to do well at all, there's like fortnightly assessments.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Help me out next year when i do it :eek:

Btw if you wanted i have macro notes.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Shit sorry I didn't even see your last post.

Man we had to talk to like, real Koreans. Basically Gi hyun (the lecturer/most awesome man ever) brought in like 15~20 people from three thousand something, some "teaching Korean" subject and we weren't allowed to use English. Quite an awesome experience, starting to really really love the subject. We get to do it again in a couple weeks, even though I probably sounded like a douche to them it was fun :eek: It's getting harder in 1001.. vocab load is close to 100 a week (plus grammar etc, it's hell doing two languages at the moment.. but fun).

PS: Only two of them were guys, the rest were chicks :)

Edit: err that sounds like I've never talked to a Korean before, I meant the experience of meeting so many new people and being forced to talk in Korean and actually being able to communicate with them. And yeah the chicks.

Last edited:

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Best experience evar. Much more fun than meeting the Japanese people in jap to be honest.

Plus I ended up going out for drinks with them once, we got smashed, went to K (I passed out in K after attempting to sing BoA's Girls On Top), and then went and played DoTA and Starcraft until 4am.

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
uhawww said:
Best experience evar. Much more fun than meeting the Japanese people in jap to be honest.

Plus I ended up going out for drinks with them once, we got smashed, went to K (I passed out in K after attempting to sing BoA's Girls On Top), and then went and played DoTA and Starcraft until 4am.
DoTA and Starcarft until 4am O_O"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)