• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Kubla Khan (1 Viewer)

HSC
What is the main idea from this poem? I dont know how to relate this to my text Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Last edited:

rusty_rouge

HSC
Ummm - there are a few - like the difficult process of creativity, the imperfections on man, the beauty and power of nature and God (Coleridge's pantheistic beliefs), the limitations of mankind in their ability to create etc etc.

Hope it helps :)

HSC
The other thread is asking for a summary and techniques. I'm asking for the overall main idea of the poem... Its two different things

hipPo3

HSC
PanasonicYouth said:
The other thread is asking for a summary and techniques. I'm asking for the overall main idea of the poem... Its two different things
wouldnt the summary also contain the main idea ?..

HSC
No. Im after something that will give me a sentence about the theme of the poem e.g. Imaginative journeys can liberate the mind or whatever

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
in my understanding and analysis kubla khan is essentially about the sexual act and man's loss of innocence. he does this by taking the journey down the path from biblical purity to erotic material pleasure.

i am also doing eternal sunshine, but the main ideas of the film are the transience of human relationships and their pointless, cyclic structure. the sci fi, speculative exploration for me connects to my thesis on the binding of a journey to its contextual mileu, as does kubla khan's drug induced sexual epiphany.

good luck for tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)