Kumon (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I did Ext2 Mathematics. :D (Many many... ah wait, only a year and a half ago)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Back in those days... it was called Ext2 Mathematics, as well. :p

Rahul

Dead Member
i know 2 people who work at kumon. one is in yr 12 now and another just finished. the younger one does markings and the other one might actually tutor maths.

vanity

HSC
my 5 year old nephew started kumon

i think thats kinda wrong :/

Lainee

HSC
OMG! Think of how much money that would cost if he did Kumon until he finished school. *faints*

vanity

HSC
i know eh!

its a little young dont you think?

Lainee

HSC
Definately too young! What can you possibly teach a 5yo that their parents can't? The alphabet and addition and subtraction... Could be more useful to spend that money on music lessons or karate or something! I think the earliest age to put a kid in rigorous tuition would be Yr5 -earliest-!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Lainee
Definately too young! What can you possibly teach a 5yo that their parents can't? The alphabet and addition and subtraction... Could be more useful to spend that money on music lessons or karate or something! I think the earliest age to put a kid in rigorous tuition would be Yr5 -earliest-!
yeah, thats too early!!!

bong

HSC
i did kumon till yr 10...

not totally convinced it was necessary, but learning a few things years earlier than when its supposed to be taught at school does help (not so much in primary, but in high school)

suppose its up to the parent... at a young young age anyway

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
kumon is ideal for primary school students, but i'd say for senior years switch to some other coachign centre or private tutor, you need the one-on-one experience

bong

HSC
kumon is useless for "problem solving" questions, the stuff they chuck in at the end of every yr7/8/9 maths paper...

thats what i found anyway

i nearly finished L level, and i found that useful even in ext1 and 2 in some cases, but its not something u would rely on for "tutor" in yr 11/12

doma

rite...
HSC
i did it when i was liek year 3 i think:S
dunno where but they have a really big slide there, it was cool!

MoNNiE

HSC
i remember kumon!
they are evil.. if you odn't do your home work they bring your parents in plus yourself.. to discuss progresss *shudders* the amount of times i use to copy the answer book *shakes head*

nah kumon is really good.. i started when i was in year 1... no wait! kindy..but then stopped in year 5 to transfer into north shore...

kumon math was really good when are still in primary school as it reinforces basic principles..etc etc.. that's how i become such a genius at yr 7 maths in yr 5 for some reason...
but then after i left kumon... 2 years later.. everything kinda slipped...i think i just became down right lazy!

meh was at n/s from yr 6 till end of yr 12... think of all that money my parents wasted on me@

Lobla

And they say it isn't so
HSC
I'm still doing Kumon now and I find it heaps good. At the beginning it was kind of bad because it was all 1+1 but now I'm over my grade level and school maths is really easy. And as for all those ppl who say it's repetition, it is sometimes, or how else are you supposed to learn? And also, if you don't know how to do something, why not just ask the superviser?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Rahul said:
i know 2 people who work at kumon. one is in yr 12 now and another just finished. the younger one does markings and the other one might actually tutor maths.
FAG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)