Kurt Cobain ruined music* (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
lady G is fucking amazing. Her whole concept is just great, otherwise everyone wouldn't be trying to copy her (except they all look forced and shitty)
yeah coz lady gaga is entirely original

jus sayin

HSC
Uni Grad
80s metal is da best wssup

[youtube]uGHsxMqpL0c[/youtube]

HSC
Uni Grad
its all subjective anyway, i fucking hate radiohead but apparently they are amazing
i love katy perry even though she is shithouse because she is fun and a bit of a slut
haha :rofl:

i just spat chocolate everywhere

forbidden01

HSC
80s music can be good and shit at the same time. 90s is hilarious to listen to (memories are awesome) but i dont like what shit they play mostly on the radio these days...

i'm not into the mainstream music thing...i like Triple j and what they play, but any other radio station is just...meh...

Arctopus

HSC
80s music can be good and shit at the same time. 90s is hilarious to listen to (memories are awesome) but i dont like what shit they play mostly on the radio these days...

i'm not into the mainstream music thing...i like Triple j and what they play, but any other radio station is just...meh...
Yeah... because Triple J is not a mainstream radio station, nor do they play mainstream music. They are completely independent and if you listen to Triple J don't tell anyone, because it's a secret.

forbidden01

HSC
lol...thing is....i dont listen to any radio that much...only in the car to and from school...that's it...the rest is from my ipod

J4

HSC
lady G is fucking amazing. Her whole concept is just great, otherwise everyone wouldn't be trying to copy her (except they all look forced and shitty)

perhaps 'brought about a drastic change' is a better word. And yes there is some amazing music out there, but why is stuff like ke$ha, lil wayne, i don't even know but you know the stuff i'm talking about so popular?

what I don't understand is how music can go from floyd, maiden, old metallica, bon jovi, boston, deep purple, eric clapton, led zeppelin, the doors, KISS, springsteen, even good early 90's rock etcccccc to ke$ha, justin bieber, the australian justin bieber, nelly furtado, etc in such a short time?
The reason why ke$ha, lil wayne, etc. are so popular is because:
1. People want something to follow and believe that copying rap/pop stars will make them cool.
2. Artists (i wouldn't really call them that) like these, write music (also a vague term) to make money.
3. All about looks, not talent.

80's/90's rock has not transformed into ke$ha, bieber, etc. Because we still have bands who keep to this form of 'quality music' such as Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Bronx, Lostprophets and Karnivool. And hell, Muse cause they're pretttttttttty much the best band (alternative or not) out today.

KC did not ruin music, Tiny Tim did.

HSC
red rep after 21 posts gosh

i keep telling you guys
shithouse music ie bieber et al are not a new phenonmenon, get your head out of the sand, horrible music has been around long before you were born you dicks

J4

HSC
I don't really care about my rep, i'm not ke$ha

It pretty much came about from me dissing peoples music interests
i'm so sorry there into rap

HSC
that was my entire point

music isnt entirely about musical talent or else all music would be shit except the most musically complicated stuff

karnivool etc are not musically talented compared to some artists therefore they are shit (is what you are implying)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)