Kurt hates me (1 Viewer)

laterz laterz

HSC
hours?!!! wtf man that ain’t right
lol wdym, its the students choice if they wanna stay at the tutoring centre. people know those detensions are helpful as they get more work done etc.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
i mean if i was there, i wouldnt mind it, i would just be getting more work done instead of wasting time at home
I guess so but personally I can't get work done in classroom settings, I think its just the fact I've always used the time when the teachers not teaching for joking around with my friends (which is bad please dont do it). I would feel awkward being in a random room doing my maths homework. I find i am more productive working from a desk.

Also it just feels wierd, like you need someone to force you to do work..? When you can just do it by yourself. I get where you're coming from but thats just a poor reflection of someone's discipline but then again you become dependent on a tution to get work done which is pretty unhealthy. I guess its suitable for like primary to yr 7-8 but after that but after that its just sad on your part.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
I guess so but personally I can't get work done in classroom settings, I think its just the fact I've always used the time when the teachers not teaching for joking around with my friends (which is bad please dont do it). I would feel awkward being in a random room doing my maths homework. I find i am more productive working from a desk.
I mean what else would you do in a room with just questions? I don't see any difference in terms of where one should be studying from. (Obviously don't compare studying in detention to studying on a bus but I digress). You've got your books, a table and yourself. What else do you need to study?

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I mean what else would you do in a room with just questions? I don't see any difference in terms of where one should be studying from. (Obviously don't compare studying in detention to studying on a bus but I digress). You've got your books, a table and yourself. What else do you need to study?
The point I was trying to make is that through detentions, you're forcing someone to get X done which is training them to be irresponsible and dependent on some form of trigger to get them to do work rather than just doing the work themselves at home? I just find it counteractive in the long term but I'm not arguing that its not beneficial, it certainly helps someone to just finish their work since they are forced to do nothing else.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
me neither lmao

Online school has helped in terms of productivity for me since I don't have my friends physically next to me but the webcams have destroyed me completely... because one of my teachers says the most random shit and just goes off topic in general and I have to hold in my laugh for an hour. at least before you would get away with it and they would assume ur working

not sure if this is the case with everyone else

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)