• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Kurt (1 Viewer)

iane

HSC
Hi.
I've heard a lot of things about Kurt and the way he teaches and I was just wondering about others opinion on him. I've heard from my friends that you have to sit an entrance exam before you join and have to do somewhat well to be accepted, is that true? Furthermore, my friends said that Kurt is full and you had to have joined last year ( year 10 )?

One more question because there isn't much information online I was wondering how much does it cost for a term and how many hours it is per lesson.

For a bit of context, I'm in extension 1 now and I haven't been tutoring for a couple of years I am kind of struggling to follow my public high school syllabus which is admittedly quite slow. However, I do what to do good.

iloveeggs

HSC
Hi.
I've heard a lot of things about Kurt and the way he teaches and I was just wondering about others opinion on him. I've heard from my friends that you have to sit an entrance exam before you join and have to do somewhat well to be accepted, is that true? Furthermore, my friends said that Kurt is full and you had to have joined last year ( year 10 )?

One more question because there isn't much information online I was wondering how much does it cost for a term and how many hours it is per lesson.

For a bit of context, I'm in extension 1 now and I haven't been tutoring for a couple of years I am kind of struggling to follow my public high school syllabus which is admittedly quite slow. However, I do what to do good.
uh kurt lives up to his reputation tbh whatever you've heard is probably true but he's not horrific if that makes sense. the workload is a lot but not so much you can never finish it, questions are generally hard but not so hard they make 0 sense, and he's definitely a scary guy but he's also pretty reasonable bc he doesn't want to be put in jail lol

the most important thing i tell everyone that wants to join is that kurt is not tutoring to help you not struggle at school but rather to make gifted students in ext 1 and 2 do even better. so if youre someone that isn't already struggling to cope in school kurt is not for you and there plenty of better options out there.

i don't recommend kurt tho, and i've mentioned why on your zhang's thread. just to reiterate: unsustainable workload that forces you to cut corners and not understand key concepts in depth, bad learning environment where you get made fun of it you are struggling or asking questions, expensive af, three classes per week in holidays with full hw each time, detention if you fail tests (which are easy to fail if you don't study properly or just can't handle the pace), time consuming (the hw and studying for tests) and more stressful of an experience than it needs to be.

this is just me personally, but ive already been struggling with my workload in school and extracurricular commitments and bad shit that happened over the years, but this place just made my life so so much worse. i can't tell you how many times ive personally had anxiety attacks while walking down the street to enter that place, how many times ive walked out of there completely depressed and burnt out, how many times ive pulled all nighters trying to finish work and study and also how many times ive walked away from there lowkey crying. not saying this will happen to you and im not saying this wont happen with other tutoring centres but this one is just extra horrible.

to be fair tho there are some people that really thrive in kurt, mostly ppl that are ruse/baulko/nsb/private school bc kurt makes an effort to keep up with the content that they specifically do and in the methods that their school prefer etc. some people that are serial procrastinators also thrive off the pressure that he puts on you which keeps your productive.

and to answer everything else that you asked, yes there is an entrance exam and you have to do well in comparison to ppl already in his class. kurt isn't full to my understanding. give them a call and ask if they are full but there are a few classes with spots in them i reckon.

costs for a term for y11 onwards are more than 1000 as they include mandatory holiday lessons, close to 1200 i think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)