L plates to 100hrs (1 Viewer)

Zozo6969

HSC
Hey guys I heard that L plates are being changed to 100 hours logging and u can get your p's at the minimum age of 18, starting June 1. Anyone no if this is true??? theres nothing on the rta website

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I think at the moment this is all here say but governments are looking into implementing it. If it was true the media would be on it and everyone would know, plus it would be on the RTA website so unless anything official is announced I think you have just heard the rumours we all know.

7th Sign

HSC
yeah think its comming in around june/july sux for people with no L's...but 100 hours is pretty easy to get then you can easilt get a car loan from money buddy...

Last edited:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Any article links? 100 is very easy to get in 6 months its probably the 18 years old thing that will get to people.

Optophobia

HSC
When i went for my L's (all those years ago) this rumour was circulating. Its a very anoying urban myth.

codydhu

AdherentFollower
HSC
7th Sign said:
yeah think its comming in around june/july sux for people with no L's...but 100 hours is pretty easy to get...
How is 100 hours easy to get?!?!

I had my L's for about 18 months and i only did about 15 (i made the rest up) and i passed (although i admit that i was fairly unconfident when i first started driving by myself, im a good driver now though)

Jiga

Any article links? 100 is very easy to get in 6 months its probably the 18 years old thing that will get to people.
Well despite it not being that easy to rack of 100 hours, I drove from bankstown to campbelltown and back like once a week on top of normal driving in my 6 months and still only racked up 70 hours...... the proposal is to include an increase in the minmum time to 12 months!

When i went for my L's (all those years ago) this rumour was circulating. Its a very anoying urban myth.
Well I think its a myth NOW, but I believe in 2004 it was considered and well publicised.... and out of it came the restrictions on powerful vehicles, no increase in times.

And personally an extra 50 hours and 6 months isnt going to do jack to stop young people crashing..... young ppl crash becuase of distractions from friends and driving at stupid speeds to show off - both of which aernt going to be helped by more time. That sought of thing is more usefull if you have retard drivers on the road who cant control their vehciles, and although some p-platers would suit this description, so would many other drivers... namely older ones, from my experience at least.

i heard you have to have yuor L plated till yuor 30.
Ha........... ha....ha.....................................................................................

robo-andie

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Well I think its a myth NOW, but I believe in 2004 it was considered and well publicised.... and out of it came the restrictions on powerful vehicles, no increase in times.

And personally an extra 50 hours and 6 months isnt going to do jack to stop young people crashing..... young ppl crash becuase of distractions from friends and driving at stupid speeds to show off - both of which aernt going to be helped by more time. That sought of thing is more usefull if you have retard drivers on the road who cant control their vehciles, and although some p-platers would suit this description, so would many other drivers... namely older ones, from my experience at least.
Agreed.
I spoke to a RTA rep. at council a few months back. He said that they wouldn't change the minimum hours, or the minimum age, as they have no statistics or proof of any sort that shows that an increase in hours or age will change anything.

Pace_T

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:

yea i reckon most p platers on the road now r probly really good drivers (coz they passed the test) its just that their behaviour is bad

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
This rumour has been going around for at least 5 years

Kabeio

k.
HSC
yeah 100 hours would take bloody ages to get....took me long enough to get my 50 hours.

Though depends where you drive to i guess.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Pace_T said:
yea i reckon most p platers on the road now r probly really good drivers (coz they passed the test) its just that their behaviour is bad
Are you serious man?????!!!!!
A monkey, could pass the p's test, in all honesty a monkey. Some, if not most P platers are TERRIBLE drivers, the test is like driving in straight lines and then parking. All the while your max speed is 40 or 50k's. This means nothing.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
100hours wouldnt be hard to get, when i first got my L's i did an hour a day, when i went for my P's i would have had well over 100 hours

kb1509

NO COMPROMISE
HSC
thank goodness!!! i have logged 8 hrs LOL

HSC
the more hours you do with the correct techniques at driving, more chance you will pass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)