L r Kill Bill - Conditionally Reopened (1 Viewer)

Takuya

Banned
A blazing inferno of blood and despair...
Originally posted by j-belle
Cool. Are your bandmates American? I noticed the (American) explicit sticker on the cover..

No, I don't think you have that right. Your grandparents themselves (and mine) may, but you yourself, do not - unless you think it's necessary to represent your grandparents by bringing horrible events from the past into the present and future. In the future are you planning on telling your children about this as well, hoping to continue this cycle of beliefs/views that you've acquired? (And I say acquired in the sense that you seem to have them, but I don't know any other Japanese people around our age that do).
Band members are all dog eating Japs apart from the leader of the band who is Australian.

The fact of the matter is, J-Belle, that my grandparents are dead because of a little bomb the yanks dropped on Nagasaki AFTER Japan began to surrender. Yours are probably alive and kicking eating their hot dogs and having their photos taken with Micky Mouse at Disneyland.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Takuya
Band members are all dog eating Japs apart from the leader of the band who is Australian.
Did you coin the phrase "dog eating Japs"? Because I have always known the stereotypical comsumption of dogs to be attributed to impoverished Koreans, never the Japanese.
The fact of the matter is, J-Belle, that my grandparents are dead because of a little bomb the yanks dropped on Nagasaki AFTER Japan began to surrender. Yours are probably alive and kicking eating their hot dogs and having their photos taken with Micky Mouse at Disneyland.
I remember asking my host parents about Disneyland, and they said that nobody over the age of 40 goes there because they "prefer sticking to Japanese activities". I personally enjoyed the festival at the local shrine (or temple, couldn't tell) more than I enjoyed Disneyland. Of course, this may be because I didn't have to get my eyebrow stapled shut at the festival...

Last edited by a moderator:

j-belle

suki :D
HSC
N/A
The fact of the matter is that you don't know my grandparents' situation and I can guarantee you they're not 'alive and kicking eating their hot dogs etc etc'. I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your grandparents though :(

Originally posted by Lexicographer
I remember asking my host parents about Disneyland, and they said that nobody over the age of 40 goes there because they "prefer sticking to Japanese activities". I personally enjoyed the festival at the local shrine (or temple, couldn't tell) more than I enjoyed Disneyland. Of course, this may be because I didn't have to get my eyebrow stapled shut at the festival...
Why did you get your eyebrow stapled shut? Why weren't stitches used?

kt san

always amazing to come here...
why is this forum suddenly so bitter...
this reminds me of one of my school debates...which our team won
saying that we should should not live in da past...blah....look forward:)

ChaoS-GoD

Originally posted by Newbie
chaos-god, good avatar! :D
hehe thanks, i love tomiko and DAI! best band imo.

and so takuya can have something else to talk about, i will ask about osaka.
Q: is there anything worthwhile to do thats not expensive or yakuza-related or crazy or asking for trouble in osaka at night? especially around the kansai intl airport region (so i dont have to travel to the city). example would be places where there's nice night scenery for photos, or good but reasonably priced restaurant that opens through the night (and not infested with westerners or yakuzas), or shopping area opened at night. or maybe a "thursday night festival" (hehe). otherwise i'll just sleep instead.

Did you coin the phrase "dog eating Japs"? Because I have always known the stereotypical comsumption of dogs to be attributed to impoverished Koreans, never the Japanese
chinese ppl eat dogs too, and i had experienced it too! (quiet u animal-lovers!)

Takuya

Banned
A blazing inferno of blood and despair...
Originally posted by ChaoS-GoD
hehe thanks, i love tomiko and DAI! best band imo.

and so takuya can have something else to talk about, i will ask about osaka.
Q: is there anything worthwhile to do thats not expensive or yakuza-related or crazy or asking for trouble in osaka at night? especially around the kansai intl airport region (so i dont have to travel to the city). example would be places where there's nice night scenery for photos, or good but reasonably priced restaurant that opens through the night (and not infested with westerners or yakuzas), or shopping area opened at night. or maybe a "thursday night festival" (hehe). otherwise i'll just sleep instead.

chinese ppl eat dogs too, and i had experienced it too! (quiet u animal-lovers!)
There's plenty of things to do in the city but they close reasonably early. Only things open late at night are seedy bars and brothels.

BTW the people you see hanging around alleyways in Osaka aren't yakuza, they're just punks. I say hi to them and most of them are quite friendly but for you - stay away.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by j-belle
Why did you get your eyebrow stapled shut? Why weren't stitches used?
Didn't you know? These were "metalic stitches", Japanese hospitals are adopting them in favour of traditional stitching because they are cleaner, more efficient, less painful and leave fainter scars. I can't remember the other reasons.
Originally posted by kt san
always amazing to come here...
why is this forum suddenly so bitter...
This just happens every now and then. Arguments come and go. ;)
Originally posted by ChaoS-GoD
I didn't mean to say I disapprove, or that it is in some way abominable, if that's the impression I gave. Dogs are animals too. Just I had only heard of the practice being "widespread" in Korea.

kt san

it seems like...it's been so bitter ever since takuya stopped writing long polite posts
and the bitterness have never gone away since....:(

j-belle

suki :D
HSC
N/A
Didn't you know? These were "metalic stitches", Japanese hospitals are adopting them in favour of traditional stitching because they are cleaner, more efficient, less painful and leave fainter scars. I can't remember the other reasons.
I know about metallic stitches, just thought that you were saying that they used staples instead of metallic stitches (yes I know they probably do look somewhat similar from photos :p)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
:D I called them "staples" for the dramatic effect. Anyway, from where I was lying the nurse was holding a stapler, or so it seemed. They're actually a lot less painful in application than traditional catgut stitches. Just "BAM!" and it's in. Of course the wound aches for a few minutes, but that's all. No needle and thread.

I actually had to deliver a speech in Japanese to the school the next day too, so the assembled students may have been wondering "who beat up this hairy foreigner last night?" I told all the girls that stopped me in the corridor that "Pooh-san pushed me" too...I still don't know whether or not they really believed me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)