label snubbing (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Number one, a LV bag is not an item for school, no way. And number 2, did you know her well? Cos I sincerely doubt she even had a real one....

bustinjustin

HSC
i Dont think theres a point in making 'fake' mossimo and converse since theyre not that upmarket, but i understand your doubt

it is asia after all...

i too doubted it, but it was in a decent mall and in a proper mossimo store

(and yes, you're so right about the asia getting the lastest fashion before us, im really sick of all those ragged, torn clothes that are supposed to be 'edgy'... )

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
generally, i will buy what i like and what suits me, whether its 5 bucks from an op shop or two hundred from a designer. but i cant really afford to buy the top end stuff and quite frankly a lot of it i find ugly or just stuff i cant see myself wearing day to day.i'll happily shop anywhere, except perhaps supre and the like.

*Minka*

HSC
What most people think is pathetic is when someone wears something JUST because it is a brand. Not taking into consideration how it looks, if they suit them etc, just wanting to show off the label. Thats what I think is stupid.

My wardrobe is personally a mixed bag - I can wear a designer top with a two dollar skirt I picked up from an Op Shop. I wear things I like and that flatter me, not things that are just a brand.

It is the LOOK AT ME, MY JEANBS ARE BILLABONG BITCHES, WORSHIP ME people I find nauseating.

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
Im sure she could afford one, but whether her parents would buy one for her in another matter lol

monzi

HSC
This thread makes me laugh. Does it really matter if somebody feels like walking around with a fake LV, Chanel, Dior bag? How is that affecting you? Let them, their not hurting you or doing anything to you. I notice alot of girls with fake bags, especially young 13-16 year olds, who cares they think they look good let them.

Too much effort into noticing what brands people are wearing. I know a lot of girls who adore labels and they won't wear anything that isn't 'gucci, prada, miumiu, sass and bide' etc, whilst others I know love to wear op-shop, chain store clothes. Who cares, money doesn't buy style, you should wear what makes you feel comfortable and happy, that's what I do anyway.

*cookie89*

HSC
I too have noticed the cattiness apparent in this thread (and others) on the topic of *gasp* fake brands. Why do you even bother to take notice? how does what someone else is wearing or carrying affect you in any way? I'd rather be branded a tryhard than a haughty pretentious bitch, kthx.

Why so much fucking emphasis on brands anyway? if something looks nice on me I'll buy it. I don't care where it's from as long as it's not exceedingly overpriced.

kimmi06

HSC
grk_styl said:
I'll only 'label snub' if someone is being a pretentious arse about it. I know people who will brag about buying certain clothing. "Oh my dress is from morrisey" "I just bought $400 pants". I just think, "get the fuck over yourself".
LOL yep same here. Money doesn't necessarily buy good taste, as I think someone has already mentioned. I don't care if the person is just genuinely happy about their purchase and telling me about it, but I find people who have to tell me the price/brand of everything very rude and shallow.

Fault

HSC
I think that the people who wear brands and boast about it are the ones with low-self esteem. why should you care what other people think about whether or not you wear brands? i'm not a person who goes for brands, i'm someone who buys clothing that suits me. and many of my brand-obsessed friends comment on the way i dress, while they spend $50 on a simple tee that has the brand logo at the front. you also notice that the branded clothing don't have very much detail on them, if they had detail, the price becomes ridiculous! Perhaps wearing a brand makes you feel good, but consumers shouldn't just limit themselves to brands. If you think about it, everything that is designed is a designer label =). heheheee. Just at different pirces - that's all ^_^. And fake brands is a no-no. Brand theives earn millions of dollars for copying somebody's ideas and hard work. if it were you you'd wouldn't be too happy, now would you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)