• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Labor Leadership Spill 2013 (No. 2) (2 Viewers)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Wilkie's statement:

I have written to Kevin Rudd indicating that I will provide him confidence in the House of Representatives in the event that her Excellency the Governor-General commissions him as Prime Minister.

It’s not my business to takes sides in the Labor Party leadership.

But I’ve come to the conclusion that the public interest is best served by a smooth transition to the new Prime Minister.

So I will not support any no-confidence motion in the Government or in the Prime Minister simply on the basis of this leadership change.

A federal election is scheduled for 14 September. Certainty, and the public interest, is not served by a no-confidence vote undoubtedly leading to a snap House of Representatives election.

An election before 3 August would necessitate a subsequent half-Senate election within 12 months at an additional cost to the Australia taxpayer of $150m.

I hope my cross-bench colleagues move quickly to state their positions on tonight’s developments because it’s not in the national interest to now have a long period of uncertainty.

Emily Howard

HSC
Wilkie's statement:

I have written to Kevin Rudd indicating that I will provide him confidence in the House of Representatives in the event that her Excellency the Governor-General commissions him as Prime Minister.

It’s not my business to takes sides in the Labor Party leadership.

But I’ve come to the conclusion that the public interest is best served by a smooth transition to the new Prime Minister.

So I will not support any no-confidence motion in the Government or in the Prime Minister simply on the basis of this leadership change.

A federal election is scheduled for 14 September. Certainty, and the public interest, is not served by a no-confidence vote undoubtedly leading to a snap House of Representatives election.

An election before 3 August would necessitate a subsequent half-Senate election within 12 months at an additional cost to the Australia taxpayer of $150m.

I hope my cross-bench colleagues move quickly to state their positions on tonight’s developments because it’s not in the national interest to now have a long period of uncertainty.
wants poker reforms

doesnt get poker reforms

crys

crys more

crys crys crys

threatens to lebe

crys crys crys crys

wot a man

Emily Howard

HSC
i lyk to dink dat ppl who pokies shld be turned into fertilizer

just sayin

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Albanese has won the deputy leadership 61-38 v crean

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
sexist.

Ben Worsley seems to be back on reporting politics for ABC. This I like.
Sorry, I keep forgetting you are a mod (this is also a compliment).

i lyk to dink dat ppl who pokies shld be turned into fertilizer

just sayin
I just don't get pokies, they bore me. If you want to play computer games then COD etc is much more fun.

The ballot for that is still underway. Albanese v Crean
Cheers

Emily Howard

HSC
Sorry, I keep forgetting you are mod (this is also a compliment).

I just dot get pokie, they bore me. If you want to play computer games then COD etc is much more fun.

Cheers
but do u hav a gamblin problem? i mean dem ppl wif pokie gamblin problems

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Greg Combet has resigned as Climate Change Minister.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)