Labour market policies in Economics HSC 2009 (1 Viewer)

vpa2891

HSC
Does anyone think that they'll ask about labour market this year? The law changed alot this year and i'm really confused bout this stuff

gabgab

HSC
they ask, i'll run screaming.

they probably will. my teacher was really focusing on it when we were covering it, so i suppose she thinks its important..!

Sean432

HSC
Ah your teacher focused on it extensively. That must reflect the fact it is going to be asked in the HSC. Thank g-d for the state, that's all I can say.

hairspray

HSC
My teacher practically skipped topic 4 saying that "because its the last topic, they rarely test it" ><''

gnrlies

HSC
Everything in the syllabus has an equal chance of being examined irrespective of where it appears.

Dont get too caught up in policy specifics, but try and get a general flavour for the different forms of labour market policy. e.g. know the difference between centralised and decentralised wage determination etc..

pete000

HSC
N/A
It is evident that labour market policy’s are a great focus of many exam papers. Since labour is a derived demand, it is determined from the demand for G + S. It is quite obvious in these times of the GFC that demand for G + S and therefore labour has decreased over the past 2 years. It is vital to analyse the labour market policy’s governments use to adapt to changes in demand for labour due to fluctuations in the economic cycle and its impact on relevant policy's.

bmn

HSC
My teacher went through this topic in about 30 minutes...

Oh well, both business studies and legal studies (with the focus I do) help me alot in this area, so I'd actually like an extended response for this topic...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)