Lamy al star fountain pens? (1 Viewer)

nkw

HSC
N/A
Any good?
I'm really ocd about neat writing and a nice ink colour. I really like the ocean blue colour. I don't write cursive though , so it might not turn out as nice. I know pens are probably not the best way to spend money but I seriously think I'm in love :awesome:

s_lide

HSC
N/A
lamy 2000 all the way

only ink worth having is noodler's bulletproof black

s_lide

HSC
N/A
wrong

bulletproof is water based ink that when it bonds with the cellulose in the paper and then becomes waterproof.

s_lide

HSC
N/A
lamy 2000 has a hooded nib so it will stop you carelessly spilling ink on yourself.

s_lide

HSC
N/A
its a gold nib pen

the difference is night and day

my favourite pen is the pelikan m600

non solid gold nib pens are terrible

enoilgam

HSC
I have a lamy studio palladium at home and yes it's nice, but slightly more weighty and it's a medium nib which is great for signing important things but I prefer the al-star for daily tasks. It's 14k gold because it's ridiculous to get a solid gold nib. If it was honestly 24k then it would be so soft it would change shape with your writing which could potentially be hazardous to both your handwriting and the integrity of the pen.

Yes I'm aware that some pens have intentionally soft nibs so they can mould to your writing style over time, except I need something a bit more hardy than that for daily use, much like the OP is suggesting they want.
Wouldnt a 24k tip be too heavy (and cost a fortune for that matter)?

enoilgam

HSC
I think being super malleable would be a bigger problem.
Well, 24k isnt too malleable, but if you use force I guess the size may change a bit. The weight would be considerable though, gold is incredibly dense and about 40% heavier than lead.

Firmin

HSC
I use a LAMY 2000, writes absolutely brilliantly. Although i've had to swap over from Noodler's Coloure Royale to Heart of Darkness for the HSC

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
it would be nice if the lamy 2000 didnt look so yuck

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
be that as it may, i dont like its appearance and wouldnt buy it for that reason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)