Land Warfare Centre (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I notice that the LWC actually accepts interns from the ANIP programme (it was this that bought it to my attention), I was wondering what sort of student do they look for for interns?

Pursuant to this how would one go about obtaining employment (post-uni) in the LWC? Are positions only open to members of the ADF or are they open to civillians?

If they were just open to the forces how would one go about getting a position? ADFA? RMC?

As far as part-time and the reserves goes I have a couple more questions:

I live in the ACT, what army units are there around? I've heard vague mentions of one in Belconnen but havn't been able to find any specifics.

Finally what sort of time commitment is needed for officer entry to the reserves? (that is what time would I need to spend in full-time training)

ADF

Sponsor
Civilian jobs are advertised in the national papers, ie The Australian. If you would like more info on the Reserves you should go to www.defencejobs.com.au it is a great site that will give you all you want to know.

To join the Army Reserve as an officer you will be required to complete 7 training modules within an 18 month time frame. The lengths of these modules vary from 2 days to 6 weeks. This training is aligned with uni holidays and in the ACT, is conducted at Sydney University Regiment (SUR) at Australian National University. The 6 week training module is completed at Royal Military College. To find your local Reserve unit contact your local Defence Force Recruiting centre.

If you are interested in LWC in a civilian capacity the positions are advertised in the national newspapers as well as the Australian Public Service (APS) Gazette. We do not handle the recruiting of these positions at Defence Force Recruiting, instead you will be a ‘Defence Civilian’, ie a public servant. If you were hoping to work at LWC in a military role you would need to apply to the Defence Force as an Army officer at Royal Military College or the Australian Defence Force Academy. Once you have been appointed you can request this posting from your ‘Career Manager’, however this is by no means guaranteed. If you were posted to LWC it is most likely that you would be posted to another unit after 2 years as is the normal Army procedure.

The APS Gazette can be found at: http://www.psgazetteonline.gov.au/

Regards

Last edited:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Thank you, I apologise for the tone of my initial reply, I was out of line.

ADF

Sponsor
Hi addymac

I edited my 1st response to hopefully answer all your questions. Have a look and let me know if this clears things up for you.

Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)