Language exams (1 Viewer)

brookemoon95

HSC
So there were a lot of eastern languages on today, how did everyone find the exams? I do french, so my exam is next week :)

brookemoon95

HSC
xD good luck! beginners or continuers? We did the NAFT trials, i found it ok, did you do an independent trial paper or a NAFT paper?

Meshy590

HSC
i think i did the NAFT trial...did it have an article on Marilyn munroe for the reading and responding??

heatherkate

HSC
I do Japanese! Continuers and Extension :) I'm pretty keen for the exams actually; speaking was pretty swell back in August and there's plenty of time between now and then to revise, ha ha.

i do japanese continuers, which i'm a little scared about!
Buddies! I'm sure you'll do wonderfully.

heatherkate

HSC
How do you reckon is the best way to study for language exams? Past papers?
I think it's a mix of doing past papers, writing various things (like practice responses in the language) and making sure you're confident with any vocab. I'm not sure about French but I'm pretty sure the exam layout would be the same as Japanese, and that's what's been working for me :) and don't neglect listening because it does make up a good portion of the exam. Past paper practice definitely a good place to be in.
Also, talk with people in the language. I know speaking's over as far as examinable stuff goes but it's a good way to consolidate your language skillz.

brookemoon95

HSC
How is everyone feeling! that was actually pretty good :) listening was great!

cornchips1

HSC
How is everyone feeling! that was actually pretty good :) listening was great!
continuers french? listening was great! was waiting for it to get harder and for vocab i couldn't pick but it was pretty easy going surprisingly :) except did you get what the job of the parents of the guy was for the last listening question?

cerebellum

HSC
Listening was easier than trials I reckon.
Anyone still have extension French to go?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)