Language of Death (1 Viewer)

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
This may seem a bit morbid, a bit macarbe (and other fancy words meaning death like) but, if you were threatened with death - would you exclaim/scream in english, or your first language (if you speak more than one)

I guess English for me cause it is my native language - but it is a valid/interesting question heh

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
I guess your dominant language would instinctively come to the fore...though I don't think you necessarily had to use the example of death (haha it is very macabre).

Didn't the South African cricketer Lance Klusener think in Zulu first at times, despite it being like his 3rd language?

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
Yes apologies about death - but it is the only instinctive thing I could think of - maybe being hurt is another one - but that is also depressing *apologies for emo thread*

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
All good, I like macabre. Hmm, I think being threatened with torture, rape or finding your girlfriend going at with your best mate would work equally well... :)

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has/would scream out in their normally non-dominant language.

Speaking of death on a MQ forum, does anyone remember that former club mac student (or was it SIBT) Sef Gonzales guy who killed his family in their Nth Ryde home...how farked up was that!?

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
Very messed up - Today Tonight had a field day with the real estate people trying to seel that house... Probably not an appropriate thing to say but:

*dark creepy music*
ba doooom.. they walk amonsgt us...... :ninja:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I'd scream in 1337!!!

OGMWTFBBQ!!!!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
GoodToGo said:
Speaking of death on a MQ forum, does anyone remember that former club mac student (or was it SIBT) Sef Gonzales guy who killed his family in their Nth Ryde home...how farked up was that!?
You mean the one that went to my old high school, the one who was my sports house leader, who was my mentor for year 7?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
If someone was hurting me to the point that I was afraid/certain of death I'd either be gibbering incoherently or hurling whatever insults possible in all the languages at my disposal. It would also depend on whatever ideas popped into my mind because somethings are just more expressive/easier in other languages eg I can call someone 'a pain in the bloody arse' with one word in dutch and have done so automatically since I was four. So I think its less whether its your first language but more your comfort with certain words - if you're uncomfortable with certain words you'll need concentration to string them together under stress whether they're your first language or not.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
You mean the one that went to my old high school, the one who was my sports house leader, who was my mentor for year 7?
I really don't know the answer to those questions...but for arguments sake I'll assume you're asking rhetorical questions.

Hehe, thats an awesome claim to fame. It seems practically everyone has at most 2 degrees of separation from him, but him being your mentor is a winner! I wonder what impact that left on Asy *queue dramatic psycho shower scene music*

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
No impact at all, most of my influences came from other sources. But I do indulge in taking photos of me in undies ooh smexy !

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
I'd scream in 1337!!!

OGMWTFBBQ!!!!!
Hahahaha. <333

I'd go for CS --

b
b
b!
Go go go!
OMG HS!??
BS...
sif. fckn hax.
/pwar leaves the game.

CieL

HSC
I'd scream in whichever language (I can speak) I think the attacker will understand...

*hopeful*

HSC
he went 2 our uni ?! fcuk im out of the loop

um yeh i dunno...i think 'ahhh' sounds the same whatever language u speak etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)