Languages, anyone? (1 Viewer)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
dad dropped the argument on pharmacy?
nah he was defeated :)

besides it wasnt as much as an argument for pharmacy than it was an argument against all science and psychology degrees

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
French is interesting for me. I'm [somewhat] fluent in it. Russian/Danish are some of the languages I eventually want to learn, but then again, I'm probably never gonna be able to use them. :p

Ostentatious

jfK1c45g2f4Of56Eyd4f57cxZ
HSC
French is interesting for me. I'm [somewhat] fluent in it. Russian/Danish are some of the languages I eventually want to learn, but then again, I'm probably never gonna be able to use them. :p
I have that sort of thing with Spanish. I'm using a game on PSP called "My Spanish Coach to learn it, and it's coming quite fine :) I really want to learn French sometime.

If I ever get to it, I want to learn languages in this order: Spanish -> Italian -> French -> (Esperanto, maybe) -> Korean/Latin

If anyone is interested, I've recently found a blog about an Irishman who's trying to learn languages in 3 month periods:

Fluent in 3 months

His techniques are extreme, but they're common sense and probably effective.

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i wish my mum taught me danish when i was young, so i'd be able to speak it 100% by now.

we had a family over for dinner once, husband was paki, wife was danish (white scandinavian), and their kids (who were home) called the dad on the phone, and he talked to them in paki, then he handed over to the mum and she talked to them in danish and im like 'omg thats awesome!'

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
me too but i have it on that program i use

Ostentatious

jfK1c45g2f4Of56Eyd4f57cxZ
HSC
we had a family over for dinner once, husband was paki, wife was danish (white scandinavian), and their kids (who were home) called the dad on the phone, and he talked to them in paki, then he handed over to the mum and she talked to them in danish and im like 'omg thats awesome!'
That's awesome! Trilingual off the bat!

Essjaybee

HSC
I need to learn Vietnamese soon because im so confused around my bfs family. But i'd rather learn french/spanish. 8th grade french was so easy/enjoyable and spanish seems like so much fun for a language.

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
I need to learn Vietnamese soon because im so confused around my bfs family.
Haha, my own family is Vietnamese and I can't speak at all. It makes family gatherings all the more awkward because haven't got a single clue what's going on around me.

Essjaybee

HSC
Haha, my own family is Vietnamese and I can't speak at all. It makes family gatherings all the more awkward because haven't got a single clue what's going on around me.
Lol yeah that sucks, but somehow I feel like less of a failure knowing I'm not the only one that feels this awkward confusion. The language is so intricate, and changing the tone changes the word and every family member has a different title. By comparison, english suddenly seems so easy - but that's probably because I've had 17 years to learn it.

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
I can fluently speak English and Urdu and my next aim is Arabic. I just like very much to learn different languages.

Zeroes

HSC
I love learning new lanuages, I doing German and Latin at the moment and I'm gonna try and teach myself Russian when I get round to it.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
I love learning new lanuages, I doing German and Latin at the moment and I'm gonna try and teach myself Russian when I get round to it.
Russian grammar is a nightmare.

-V e e

HSC
i did italian for 3 years, now i forgot everything. Now im learning Korean cause i need a little bit of asian in me. i attempted filipino but gave up, i do polish but thats hsc and i dont count that as learning a new language

:)

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
I learnt French in high school, but I'm not continuing it at Uni, so I have decided to teach myself.
I am waiting for my frakking grammar book that I ordered to come through...

Universalis

HSC
I'm learning Esperanto at the moment. It is incredibly easy to understand because it has simple grammatical rules with no exceptions for any words (contrary to a language like English which has many exceptions to its syntax). The words in Esperanto are also pronounced phonetically, which means they are spelt the same way they are pronounced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)