Lano and Woodley rule!!! (1 Viewer)

rozymisty

HSC
Who here is a fan of these two crazy guys??? I found out about them only August 2004 which isnt good cause they are going their separate ways now, and so that means ive missed out on heaps and heaps of great stuff!!!

Ive seen the island 6 times (3 in brisbane, and 3 in sydney), saw sing songs 2 times and yeah going to see their final show Goodbye in Lismore, Caloundra, Brisbane a few times, and Darwin 2 times (final ever show). It was quite funny the first time in Brisbane, i knew nothing about them, and from the moment they walked on stage I was hoooked on them. its my addiction and it has saved my life literally (comedy is a life saver). And after seeing them on rove (for the island) i was like omg i have to go to sydney and so i did. They definately remembered me lol. It was great. And the first night in sydney, the bit where col says (insert town) is the crime capital of australia, i knew the joke already and let out a groan before everyone else and he turned to face me and told me to shut up (SPECIALLLLL ;P)

Hmm better let you guys come and talk. OH yeah i created a lw forum for fans, so come and join, or if ur not a fan, tell your friends http://colandfrank.proboards56.com

HSC
I'll be seeing their show in Sydney. It's so sad, I've watched their show ever since I was little and now they're breaing up.

gordo_yahs

HSC
I been watchin them since i was only knee high to a grasshopper!
nd now there going i duno wat ill do, i bought their sing song album the other month, nd i love it
i was hopin to gt to the sydne show but im down in the country!

rozymisty

HSC
gordo_yahs said:
I been watchin them since i was only knee high to a grasshopper!
nd now there going i duno wat ill do, i bought their sing song album the other month, nd i love it
i was hopin to gt to the sydne show but im down in the country!

They are doing regional NSW shows, like newcastle, wagga wagga, ummm few other places. Check out www.lanoandwoodleylive.com.au (long title!!)

Or check out more discussion stuff on my forum: http://colandfrank.proboards56.com

Plus Frank is gng to be on a show called Thank God you;re here which starts tonight on ch 10 at 7.30pm, and its from the Working Dogs guys who made The Castle, Frontline etc.

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
I love lano and woodley. I used to watch all their shows when I was younger also... You know they released all their shows onto a dvd last year- it's fabulous- and I get jokes that I wouldn't have when I was younger ahaha

I am also going to one of their final shows, which will be great

<3 <3 <3

rozymisty

HSC
yeah i know!!! How great was he doing that? But hey i guess out of all of them, he'd have the most experience with impro stuff. Haha it was great to see angus again. i saw that movie he was in and i was like hmm is that the same guylol. I was soooo hapy when Frank won, there was no doubt when he started talking lol.

And ahah he got a haircut!!! Its no longer curly!! Its liek the hair he had whne they were on the big gig lol.....

oh yeah cause that show ran overtime and ran into the ads before spicks and specks i missed the ad for Enough Rope. ANd guess whos on????? LANO AND WOOODLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmm i think i put 3 'O's there lol but who cares. Im hoping that i see the ad again, and now im gng to have ch 2 on a lot and hope that i get the ad lol. I will certainly on monday, unless i have to work.....bet i will...dam it.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
They're on Andrew Denton's Enough Rope next monday at 9.35pm.

Or as they say in the ad:

LW"Join us at...9.45"
AD"9.35"
LW"YES. 10.35 on Channel 9"
AD"no...-laughs-"
LW"NO...10.45 on Channel 7...just watch what you like you dont have to listen to us.

rozymisty

HSC
Yes my sister rang me during the last few minutes to tell me they were gng to be on. I was so excited. And then i ws like ooo i have to see the ad, and so i waited till that movie show and i was like nah they';re not gng to have it sicne they were advertaising the shows on sunday, but then they did!!! I was so hyperacticve lol. And i was like ooo i hope the upstairs vcr taped that! And i got up and it didnt....i was sooo annoyed by it. But hey I can see it monday cant i? hehe

ironically i thought it was on at 10.45 but then i looked and it was 9.45..yay!! Of course they willb e on in the last segment, not first up, or maybe they'll do a rove thing and be on first up....so annoyng.

Please pples u got to come and join my forum!!

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
mr_brightside said:
They're on Andrew Denton's Enough Rope next monday at 9.35pm.

Or as they say in the ad:

LW"Join us at...9.45"
AD"9.35"
LW"YES. 10.35 on Channel 9"
AD"no...-laughs-"
LW"NO...10.45 on Channel 7...just watch what you like you dont have to listen to us.
lmaooooooooooooo:rofl:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Im seeing them in Canberra (May 26-7). THe hilarious DVD of the series is reasonably priced too. Good clean inner-child stuff.
Wonder what the break-up is about? A Dean Martin - Jerry Lewis type feud? Hope it comes out in Denton.

rozymisty

HSC
haha They will tell you many versions of it, such as Frank slept with Col's wife etc..

But the real reason is that they just want to have a break, start something new. It does take a lot of time etc to be touring the country most of the year, and since they've been doing it since like they were teenagers I think they certainly do deserve to have a break. Like Frank was about 15 when they started, and they both want to spend more time with their families, and do other stuff; Frank is going to be doing some short films, and maybe stand up comedy, Col wel theres no telling cause he keeps saying different things. like acting (not comedy-althogh it wd be funny, eg his role in The Inner Sanctuary), um doing kids drama classes (what the!!) ummmmm yeah. They have till like October to decide lol. But I'd imagine that they would both take a BIG holiday and just relax for a bit. Which they deserve. I know that Col has 2 little boys (one who just started school this year how cute!!!!, although one article said that his partner was pregnant with their 2nd child and imlike hello already have 2nd child!!!!!!)

And on the enough rope note, I saw the ad last night, not with them talking to you, but um Andrew saying who was on. And it showed Frank being wacked over the head....poor Frank you have to wonder how he's done more damage to his knees rather than his head!! or not been concussed before!!! Cant wait for the interview.I hope that they are not up first, cause i want to make sure that the tape is working! lol

Filadelphia

HSC
bonvoyage lano and woodley

I LOVE Lano and Woodley....ive been watching them since i can remember...my older brother absolutely loved them and thats how he got the rest of the family watching it. its sad that they are splitting up, they wont be the same. and when i first saw the island i had cramps all over from laughing so much....id love to see their last show but i doubt it will happen:(

mizosoup

HSC
Crap, i missed enough rope! How was it?

I'm so glad they added an extra 4 shows...i couldn'tgo before and now i'm going on the 21st - row B!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rozymisty

HSC
i loved the enough rope interview hehe Col as a teacher-SCARY. Wonder if he'd do primary or secondary-prob secondary. At least he completed his degree, unlike me lol.

Where are you all going to see them? Im going to see them in Lismore on July 7, then Caloundra July 8, then Brisbane def on 25 August (my bday) not sure yet cause im on my nursing prac aroudn that time dam it. Then um the last 2 ever shows in Darwin on October 20-21. Cant wait. I have a group of people from my forum who are coming to Darwin, bit of a road trip, so if any of you are interested let me know, cause if we get a big enough group, we could maybe get group discounts and book the whole front row lol.

haha you know how adam hills has that saying 'go you big red fire engine'? Well hmm could make a sign for lw saying i dotn want you to go or something and then underneath-go you big red fire engine lol....and send that photo to adam lol to show that im spreading the word lol.

Colin is going to be on the repeat of Spicks and Specks (from last year) tomorrow (friday) at 2.30pm. Its also got Scod in it, but I dont know if ive seen this one. Will find out tomorrow

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Ah, wow, I've found my thread. *settles in*

I have a picture of me with Frank and Col on my bedroom wall, and I'm going to go see them in Newcastle for my BIRTHDAY this year. Can't wait!

Legham

HSC
Ooh, i Love Lano & Woodley! I've been watching their show for at least 7 years now. Got the DVD of it sometimes last year. And got the DVD of The Island last week :D That's the funniest show EVER.
It so sad that they're splitting up :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)