Laptop for actuarial ? (1 Viewer)

manscux

HSC
Hi there guys,

extending on what somebody has already posted on BOS (Thank you eskimogenius)

would one need a laptop if undertaking actuarial studies and economics ??

Thank you

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi there guys,

extending on what somebody has already posted on BOS (Thank you eskimogenius)

would one need a laptop if undertaking actuarial studies and economics ??

Thank you
You don't need a laptop for anything.

Shadowless

HSC
guys... he's asking for an excuse to get a laptop... let's give him one aye?

manscux

HSC
^ umhhhh... not really... actually i already have a lap top and was wondering whether i would need to carry it at university every day???

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
^ umhhhh... not really... actually i already have a lap top and was wondering whether i would need to carry it at university every day???
As I said, essentially all majors do not require the student to bring a laptop.

enoilgam

HSC
As I said, essentially all majors do not require the student to bring a laptop.
Extending on from this, you dont need to bring a laptop for uni, but some people like to use them. Its really a matter of personal choice.

manscux

HSC
okay thank you....

anyway.... is there any computational software used for actuarial studies??

Shadowless

HSC
btw OP i noticed ur sig and i don't think you can major in actuarial studies anymore

manscux

HSC
Opps... thank you for reminding me

will change

yah i know its an actual degree now

thanks

:)

HSC
Uni Grad
okay thank you....

anyway.... is there any computational software used for actuarial studies??
As for our ACTL1001 program, we are using microsoft excel as the major program. And next year, ACTL1101 will pretty much involve microsoft excel. (it's actually pretty much the same subject, same lecturer too)

Our assignments and some tutorial homework were based on excel. So consider starting to use that. Also, our lecturer doesn't give us a whole lecture on excel, he just tells us to go in and learn it ourselves.

michaeljennings

HSC
As for our ACTL1001 program, we are using microsoft excel as the major program. And next year, ACTL1101 will pretty much involve microsoft excel. (it's actually pretty much the same subject, same lecturer too)

Our assignments and some tutorial homework were based on excel. So consider starting to use that. Also, our lecturer doesn't give us a whole lecture on excel, he just tells us to go in and learn it ourselves.
+1 LOLLLLLLLLL so much frustration

michaeljennings

HSC
FARR OUT MAN most students had to depend on others for the excel component of the assignment.

fml man excel was a bitch to use. thank god you saved our lives.
hah nws bro, i was talking to a guy in 2nd year and he said basically every actuarial assessment, students just help each other out because its too hard to do all on your own

manscux

HSC
^ hi guys while your on this topic... how r the assignments and exams for actuarial.. i mean how many exams do you have and how many assignments do you have per year

michaeljennings

HSC
^ hi guys while your on this topic... how r the assignments and exams for actuarial.. i mean how many exams do you have and how many assignments do you have per year

So far we have had to do a 700 word report (worth only 5%) and midsem exam (worth 15%) and we just completed a case study report that was worth 25% with only the final exam left
I didnt like doing the reports because I'm terrible at writing reports. The first one was on a mortgage repayment from memory, the one we just handed in was on a financial life cycle model which took forever to do lol
The midsem was relatively straight forward, only a quarter of the marks were for math based questions the rest were related to the theory we had learnt such as utility theory etc, preferred that to the reports a great deal (my marks would agree as well)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)