• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

laptop problems (1 Viewer)

farahnaz

HSC
hi guys..
a few hours ago..i hibernated my laptop
then when i tried turning it on..it keeps displaying the screen..that says safe mode n stuff..n..when i choose safe mode or sumfin elses...the screen goes black for a few seconds and then goes to the same menu again

plzz help

krayzie_

HSC
What menu are you talking about? The menu where you choose what your bootup options? Please be more detailed, because its a little vague.

If your saying after hibernating the computer went straight to the DOS screen where you select safe mode, last good settings etc. and each option is not working at all then you shoulkd format it.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
just try the other options, and see if they work.

if everything fails you can run the xp installation again, and when it asks where you want to install it choose the same drive as its on at the moment, and don't choose fresh, choose to repair it. unless you want a fresh one.

krayzie_ said:
If your saying after hibernating the computer went straight to the DOS screen where you select safe mode, last good settings etc. and each option is not working at all then you shoulkd format it.

don't format it! you will loose your data. only do this if you have the xp cd, and don't care about any data on your hard drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)