• We need YOU to help the next generation of students in the community for the new syllabus!
    Share your notes and trial papers on our Notes & Resources page
  • Like us on facebook here

Laptop Recommendations for UNSW Software Engineering (1 Viewer)

uryour

HSC
N/A
I know I can use the UNSW computers but I also want a personal laptop that I can work from. So what laptops do people recommend for software engineering. I heard that Windows laptops aren't a great option, is this true? Any CS/SENG students what do you guys use? Thanks

Drdusk

π
HSC
Uni Grad
I know I can use the UNSW computers but I also want a personal laptop that I can work from. So what laptops do people recommend for software engineering. I heard that Windows laptops aren't a great option, is this true? Any CS/SENG students what do you guys use? Thanks
Windows laptops are the best option. You get a Mac and your going to have a load of problems with the Unsw software as I’ve seen with others. Just get a windows laptop.

I got the surface book and I recommend it.

uryour

HSC
N/A
Windows laptops are the best option. You get a Mac and your going to have a load of problems with the Unsw software as I’ve seen with others. Just get a windows laptop.

I got the surface book and I recommend it.
Interesting, on reddit and other websites people seem to say Windows laptops have problems with the software needed for CS/SENG.

https://www.reddit.com/r/unsw/comments/epd9w8

Drdusk

π
HSC
Uni Grad
Interesting, on reddit and other websites people seem to say Windows laptops have problems with the software needed for CS/SENG.

https://www.reddit.com/r/unsw/comments/epd9w8
I mean when your like 3rd 4th year your an expert at that point so you can get anything to work but when your 1st and 2nd year I’ve seen lots of people have issues with Macs that just aren’t there with Windows and they can’t fix it because it’s complicated.
Personally I haven’t had a single problem with the uni software with my windows laptop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)