Laptop Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Question?

I am looking to get a laptop, however i don't have that much money to spend on it. So i need something cheap, around $1000 or less. Any suggestions?

By the way, i have never done computer studies or anything like that, so i don't know very much about computers apart from using them and stuffing them up.

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
ARGGGHH at this thread, thirst of all the thread title should be something like "Laptop Recommendations", i'll change it, but next time make meaningful thread titles. It's a forum rule.

and second u could of had a look at the many Laptop threads which i have compiled together and stickied as FAQ's in the forum.

hatty

Banned
what was the original title?

if u want a cheap laptop
either go to a computer fair for some fairly shitty ones
or go on ebay, some good deals there

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
go DELL if ure a newb!
and get a custom built one.. might be mroe than the $1000 that u want to spend.. sorri

so pretti.. *drooling* (need to get out more)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by +Po1ntDeXt3r+
go DELL if ure a newb!
and get a custom built one.. might be mroe than the $1000 that u want to spend.. sorri

so pretti.. *drooling* (need to get out more)

yep, we were looking at getting a laptop a while back, and my ipt teacher recommended dell, user friendly, really good service team (or whatever those people are called who you ring up with your problems) and a few various other reasons

timace

haaarrr.
HSC
hahaha at the idea of buying a dell laptop. one day about 4 or 5 months ago, the hard drives on heaps of dell laptops in the states died. there was a massive fault in them, and they crashed simultaneously, to put it simply.

dell paid through the arse for that.

and yes, im typing this reply on a dell desktop machine, which has been about as shit. it's had one major crash, and several minor ones, in the 2 years i've had it.

the computer fairs aren't bad by any stretch for buying second hand laptops, if you know who you're dealing with. i bought an ITC (small australian brand) celeron 1000 through Techquipment, who frequent the computer fairs. never had a problem with it. does very well for its age.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Don't buy a Compaq Presarios. Cheap build, falls apart, most of them weigh like a brick.

JRasnier

i dont see anything wrong with dell, and im one of those full computer nerds....i bought the dell inspiron 8600 and its running like a dream....of course i customised it though, costing meeh way more then $1000, but i love it, it has a metal chassis (however u spell it), i really dont see anythign wrong with it, lolz now im looking at macs desktops even after payin for this laptop man im never gonna stop buying pcs, i use 3 at the same time already...and i got another 2 being used by my bro and sis...lolz and some sitting in the garage....lolz, and dells have been having pretty good benchmarks latley also...but it cost meeh alittle over $4000, only because my parents wanted the whole i think 3 or 4 years warranty, and also insurance....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)