• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

laptop vs. writing notes (1 Viewer)

izzy_xo

HSC
Just your thoughts on either taking a laptop to class vs.
hand writing notes.

Does it affect your hand writing? etc.etc.

:)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Just your thoughts on either taking a laptop to class vs.
hand writing notes.

Does it affect your hand writing? etc.etc.

:)
write notes definitely.

laptops are way too distracting and you have to handwrite your hsc, so why not practice now.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
typing is waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy more quicker (for me), BUT there's a massive distraction in the form of the internets and games/movies on my laptop.

Handwriting notes takes longer and u have ur handwriting to worry about (legibility etc, but i can always read my writing no matter how spazzed out it is), BUT there's more memory retention because ur physically and purposefully writing out stuff and it takes more time and u kinda absorb it more.
i think.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
laptop for uni, write it all out for school.

vds700

HSC
Probably better writing them out, makes it easier to write equations, draw diagrams, symbols and all that.

Plus its good practise for HSC anyway. E.g you'll need to write pages and pages of English essays in the English exam and otehrs too (esp if you're doing more humanities than maths/science)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
typing is waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy more quicker (for me), BUT there's a massive distraction in the form of the internets and games/movies on my laptop.

Handwriting notes takes longer and u have ur handwriting to worry about (legibility etc, but i can always read my writing no matter how spazzed out it is), BUT there's more memory retention because ur physically and purposefully writing out stuff and it takes more time and u kinda absorb it more.
i think.
lol i was talking about uni, and you're a highschool gurl, so i'd say handwrite.

and type for uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)