Laptops (1 Viewer)

mr_tizzle

HSC
N/A
I will hopefully be studying engineering next year and am wondering what is a good laptop. I will be living in college, and already have a fairly solid desktop (win7). Am looking for something fairly light if possible and under $1000.

No macs

mr_tizzle

HSC
N/A
are there any specific needs to be met for engineering or is it just general note taking ect

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
I will hopefully be studying engineering next year and am wondering what is a good laptop. I will be living in college, and already have a fairly solid desktop (win7). Am looking for something fairly light if possible and under $1000.

No macs
iPads...

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I'm using Microsoft Surface Pro 1 and it fulfills every need for uni I have, with the added benefit of not being a shit Mac.

You can get the Surface Pro 3 for $979 atm and from what I've seen it's definitely more functional and lighter than Surface Pro 1. Also it's pen/stylus recognition system is tops and my engineering friends all use it.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm using Microsoft Surface Pro 1 and it fulfills every need for uni I have, with the added benefit of not being a shit Mac.

You can get the Surface Pro 3 for $979 atm and from what I've seen it's definitely more functional and lighter than Surface Pro 1. Also it's pen/stylus recognition system is tops and my engineering friends all use it.
Where at !!

I really like the Surface but the only problem is that it would cost me at least +1000 bucks on the Microsoft website with a student discount !

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Get a surface, it will go a little over your budget though

It's still a great tablet though, its specs are better than some laptops

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I use the Surface 2 and it meets my requirements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)