laser or inkjet? (1 Viewer)

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
if i just need a mono b+w printer for uni stuff, wot would i be better off getting? mono laser, or inkjet. for the same money, wot better laser or inkjet. how bout quality and long-term costs? and if i leave colour inkjet cartridges for like a long time, do they dry up and become useless, cos that's wot happens with my old bubblejet. laser's alrite rite? cos its just powder or wotever, and not actual ink?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
also consider how much you will have to print and how quickly. ink jets can be very slow. lasers are faster (i think)

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i'll prbly be using it quite a lot, cos i plan to type up and print all my notes and stuff...speed isn't so important i guess

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
yeh lasers are faster but the toner cartiridges are expensive to replaced but in long term (if you print heaps) it will saved money.

Winston

HSC
Yes purchase a samsung laser, it's quite cheap and good my uncle just got one it's about 380 it was worth it.

jayz

walking
brother is a considerable brand in office equipment, but y dunt u just take advantage of the free printing service u hav at uni?

jayz

walking
...i am doing IT at uts, and i am pretty sure, u r allowed to print as much as u want...hopefully:)

santaslayer

HSC
laser cartridges are more expensive but they have a longer life span, so i would go for lazer

fatmuscle

HSC
Originally posted by jayz
...i am doing IT at uts, and i am pretty sure, u r allowed to print as much as u want...hopefully:)
u have a set quota

but there's plenty of it.

my Samsung 1210 was cheap when i bought it.
1 cartridge costs $80 and it lasts for about 3 reams of paper. (1500 pages)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
the TRUTH (not my personal opinioin) is that laser toner cartridges are significantly more expensive than replacement inkjet cartridges....and also, mono B+W laser printers are more expensive than even good quality bubblejets. However, the print quality and time is much better, and u can print more as well....so in fact in the long term u will actually save money using laser.

Seeing as you go to Sydney Uni I highly doubt U will be able to scab printing for free. Officeworks have a brother laser printer on sale atm for $288 (well it was when i went there today) so i'd go for that one.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by inasero
the TRUTH (not my personal opinioin) is that laser toner cartridges are significantly more expensive than replacement inkjet cartridges....and also, mono B+W laser printers are more expensive than even good quality bubblejets. However, the print quality and time is much better, and u can print more as well....so in fact in the long term u will actually save money using laser.

Seeing as you go to Sydney Uni I highly doubt U will be able to scab printing for free. Officeworks have a brother laser printer on sale atm for $288 (well it was when i went there today) so i'd go for that one.
not really.... depending on the inkjet printer you purchase the ink catridge range from 40 - 70, and a toner for a laser printer cost about 100 - 120, which is far more feasible to purchase a laser printer, and a good laser printer i mentioned my uncle purchased was a samsung laser printer which is quite good quality for a price of 350, a ink jet printer ranges around that price, unless you go purchase a dodgy inkjet, so all in all the laser printer is worth it if you're intending to do alot of black and white printing.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
since i don't think i'll be doing colour prints very often, i think i'll go for laser. and also digital photo prints are prbly better done at the shops

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
since i don't think i'll be doing colour prints very often, i think i'll go for laser. and also digital photo prints are prbly better done at the shops
well if u really have money go for laser colour printer- they're only $1000. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)