Last in RANK? (1 Viewer)

DYNA

HSC
A person that is last in ranked will receive the LOWEST HSC EXAM mark right? Let's say person A has 45% for their Internal Marks but he or she is last in internal rank. Later on Person A tries really hard and get 70 - 80 for externals, while Person B who came last in the "HSC EXAM" gets 25 - 30% . Person A's HSC exam mark is untouched, but because person A is last, is he going to receive the 20 - 30% as part of his or her internal mark. and also, where is his actual internal marks (45%) going to go, disappear?

If that is true, what is the point of trying if you are last. A low ranked school (around 390) + Last in internal Rank.......is that GG?

Can someone give me an ATAR estimate, my parents really suggested TAFE.

School Rank : Somewhere around 390

Physics : 4 / 12
Math : 4 / 13
English: 11 / 11
Chemistry 3 / 7
Biology 7 / 19.

Is 76 ATAR still possible, if not 69 for UTS? Please give some honest feedback.

HSC
The point of trying is so that you don't receive a shitter mark then what you could get from studying.

habibi213

HSC
The point of trying is so that you don't receive a shitter mark then what you could get from studying.
This. If you don't try for your externals, then your examination mark (50% of your HSC mark) will be lower and thus so will your HSC mark for that subject. So good luck and study hard!

sabz1996

HSC
Honestly, all you can do now is study for externals really hard and try and achieve the best possible mark that you can get. There's no point in asking these "What's the point of studying now?" "What if?" etc. You still have 50% left and if you do study hard, then you'll find out yourself whether you should go to TAFE or if you can get into uni. For now, all you can do is study for externals. No point in these questions.

DYNA

HSC
plus 20 bonus points :) uws op
Where did you get 20 from, isn't it + 10 if you join in?

Also to be honest, I find it uncomfortable on how this girl in my class keeps on being absent for English, especially for Paper 2 trials i think, and getting average/estimated marks for most of her assignments and exams. The Mod B. C and maybe trial. She didn't even attempt any of them, while the mark gets averaged or estimated.

The way how she is coming 4 or 5th / 11 is just ridiculous. That rank is already next to our Band 6 mates, without even trying for most of the assignments. My mate said she provided a valid reason, I do not believe that **** at all. She took the Bio exam, attempted the MC's and 1 hour later, she walks off without even trying the long and short resp. Do you think she is supposed to take this rank? If she actually attempted, she wouldn't even be sitting their, that is what everyone said. Getting an average mark 2 - 3 times. I know it's late but i don't know how i should feel about this...

spaks1995

HSC
you dont get to have your internal mark until you finish ur external
your internal mark or percentage from assessments is only used to give u an overall rank
once you get your rank, say you came 2nd, and you got 95 in external
You will get 95 as your external HSC mark and 92 (which is the 2nd highest external mark in your cohort) for your Internal HSC mark
so you will end up getting 95/2 + 92/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)