"Last Minute Tips" (1 Viewer)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Give me some.....

I've got all my notes summarised but i can't remember enough, i've attempted a past paper and compared it with bands and guidelines and in my belief this paper 2002 i've only scored 68%

So any tips you offer?

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
remember the syllbaus off by heart..and then remember sub pts under each main pt... once u have the big picture and the framework it is so much easier to study...

when u try to memorise definitions or reports...reemmber the keywords.....then practice strinign them together.....remember word by word is relaly time conusming and if not good at memorising lyk myself...it take a loooot of time..

when u do reports..always do a plan that goes with it.... helps u to stay on track and answer the qeustion at the same time....

when u write reports..try to have a concluding sentence for each major pt.... thatz a generalisaiton abt eveyrhting u have mentioend as well answeirng hte question..

is ur notes relaly detialed? if ur notes are over 10 pages for the whole topic,chances are u wont need 50% of it..

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
I've attempted some of tips you suggested already

The only thing that really hurts me is the financial ratios + reports, do you know where i can find a specific outline page for writing reports i used to have one but i think i lost it, if you do can you post it?

I tend to write 6-8 pages for every topic eg. marketing

broken

i'm really very under prepared for this exam havent attented class since the trials so.. i'm not looking at doing to well...

how do we structure a report again plzz anyone???

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i have added stuff abt writing biz reports in the *biz studies resrouces* forum

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&postid=295759#post295759

although some of the stuff are not directly related to the hsc, but it does offer good poitners for a professional finish.

but i will add more notes on report writing (hsc related) tonight when i get on my windows.... then i can scan some stuff....

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
When do you think you can scan the notes?

I'm not in a hurry but do you think you can get it scanned by Saturday at the latest?

Thanks, for your generous offer :)

*hopeful*

HSC
for a report theres a basic structure dat i alwayz follow.. i dunno if its totally rite but it works 4 me

firstly do a plan b4 u start, jot down all ur key points ur gonna b discussin, strategies etc etc
do an executive summary, this makes it look good and gives u a starting point
then bring up each problem and discuss. then write about all the strategies u suggest. do this 4 each topic
at d end do a summary of recommendations n conclusion

just make sure u dont spend 2 much time on it like me, i tend 2 get carried away n den have 2 do d last qstn in a rush

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by *hopeful*
for a report theres a basic structure dat i alwayz follow.. i dunno if its totally rite but it works 4 me

firstly do a plan b4 u start, jot down all ur key points ur gonna b discussin, strategies etc etc
do an executive summary, this makes it look good and gives u a starting point
then bring up each problem and discuss. then write about all the strategies u suggest. do this 4 each topic
at d end do a summary of recommendations n conclusion

just make sure u dont spend 2 much time on it like me, i tend 2 get carried away n den have 2 do d last qstn in a rush
I know how to analyse a report, but i can't do a complex type question

What i'm talking about is

Look at HSC PAPER 2002 question 27

I dunno how to analyse it, i need help on that type of question

But question 28, 29 i know how to do the report because is basically a essay but you put it under subheadings, hightlight etc..

So how would analyse question 27?

Those questions always stuff me up, weird?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)