last minute? (1 Viewer)

ashsha

HSC
Soo did anyone honestly leave it till the last minute? because the PIP is actualli due 2moro morning and so far al i have is a conclusion, intro and log:S no central material..its gonna be a long night!
what i understand is... in the conclusion its a brief summary of the topic and more of the journey of how uve become a better person...
and the log is more about problems encountered and how methodologies were implemented right?

so in the central material.. are we answering the question based on what we researched or are we drawing assumptions from research?.... and is it realli bad if we didnt realli do that much primary research?

whats the all in all overall word limit all togethe MAXimum??

btw has anyones got any input
my topic is
" Are Laws about Gender equality being ignored due to stereotyping?"
i.e ummmm the fight for womens rights etc ..was there realli a point when women are still being opressed ..or stereotyped?

antonyv1

HSC
hey.
im in a similar situation. i pretty much didnt start the pip on paper untill like two weeks ago.

mines about downloading music and its effect on the record industry.

i reckon i picked a shit topic. and its definitely too late now to change it lol. being due tomorrow.

i like your topic, its very broad and a lot can be done with it.

best of luck tomorrow and tonight of course.

Kulazzi

HSC
ashsha said:
Soo did anyone honestly leave it till the last minute? because the PIP is actualli due 2moro morning and so far al i have is a conclusion, intro and log:S no central material..its gonna be a long night!
what i understand is... in the conclusion its a brief summary of the topic and more of the journey of how uve become a better person...
and the log is more about problems encountered and how methodologies were implemented right?

so in the central material.. are we answering the question based on what we researched or are we drawing assumptions from research?.... and is it realli bad if we didnt realli do that much primary research?

whats the all in all overall word limit all togethe MAXimum??

my topic is
i.e ummmm the fight for womens rights etc ..was there realli a point when women are still being opressed ..or stereotyped?

the log is just a summary of what you have been doing during the entire PIP ordeal [which, in your case, isn't much....to be quite frank....]. And yes, you are expected to do a certain amount primary research and then back it up with secondary findings.

Have a look on the Guide to Writing a PIP thread to help you start off on a [very] last-minute PIP.

As for the word limit, have a look in your syllabus, if you don't have a hardcopy, there is one available on the Board Of Studies website.

Sorry, but at this stage, I cannot provide you with any input in regards to your topic. I'm sure there are heaps of secondary information out there regarding women's rights.

mishka

HSC
N/A
The most important thing for you (and anyone out there in a similar situation) to realise is that the Reference List can make or break your last minute efforts. You need to have a list of sources from which your research is taken from.

If you access a site and get something from it, include it!!

Good luck, and sweet dreams for tomorrow night... there won't be time for any tonight! :p

mareko

HSC
Sweety I aint hating im relating!!! Even though we were given practically a year to complete it. I spent most of my lessons dedicated to our pip on ebay or bebo lol I didnt actually start hard out thinking about it till about a couple of weeks ago. A class mate of mine is actually doing her pip on students leaving their assessments to the last minute lol!! All i have left are a couple of chapters, conclusion and tha annotated bit!!!These forum discussions helped me alot on how to set it out and stuff!!Your not on your own!!!My weekend has been the equivalent of a pill popping raver lol, i've basically been sleep deprived, drugged up on coffee shivering in the cold lol, Trying to explain the issues that Pacific Islanders like myself face in this world being stuck between culture and modernisation lol its hard to explain but it makes sense!!!But best wishes to you gurl and dont worry your passion for your topic will bring you the marks you will deserve!! Skull dat coffeee!!!

beckywecky

HSC
mareko said:
Sweety I aint hating im relating!!! Even though we were given practically a year to complete it. I spent most of my lessons dedicated to our pip on ebay or bebo lol I didnt actually start hard out thinking about it till about a couple of weeks ago. A class mate of mine is actually doing her pip on students leaving their assessments to the last minute lol!! All i have left are a couple of chapters, conclusion and tha annotated bit!!!These forum discussions helped me alot on how to set it out and stuff!!Your not on your own!!!My weekend has been the equivalent of a pill popping raver lol, i've basically been sleep deprived, drugged up on coffee shivering in the cold lol, Trying to explain the issues that Pacific Islanders like myself face in this world being stuck between culture and modernisation lol its hard to explain but it makes sense!!!But best wishes to you gurl and dont worry your passion for your topic will bring you the marks you will deserve!! Skull dat coffeee!!!
Hahahaha.

Great stuff. Lets do this thing and get cracking.

And I'll be seeing you at 1:30 Ash for an updateee.

mareko

HSC
I swear fatique, and the cold is making me write mumbo jumbo shit in CM

raidz

HSC
N/A
LOL this is so unbelievably fucked up i want to die :(

mareko

HSC
Im pressuming you too are doing an all nighter

shimmy&shine

HSC
ashsha said:

my topic is
I left mine till two weeks ago. And I'm in the opposite sit to you. I have no intro, log or conclusion and my thrid chapter is crap. All day has been wasted on the annotated bibliography and twiddling my thumbs.

I'm reading your topic, but I'm so tired, i can't even comprehend it properly! lol.

To everyone else, come on, we can all make it over the finishing line (in nearly 7 hours) with a complete PIP! Then it's lovely sleep!

Good luck guys..

shimmy&shine

HSC
mareko said:
Im pressuming you too are doing an all nighter
I think we are all all-nighters. I have never been this stressed in my life. How about we make somke guidelines, and help each other out?

3am - outlines of intro, log and conclusion. stream-of-consciousness writing if i must!
4am - complete second draft of 3rd chapter, fixing all grammatical errors.
5am - Edit, and reedit intro, log and conclusion. complete.
6am - Absolute completion of the 3rd chapter.
7am - put all into one word doc. neat presentation. fix up footnoting. Make up a catchy title, and PRESS PRINT!!!! : )
post 9am - celebrate! yay! It's over. WE never ave to look at our PIPs again, unless of course we win a State prize for it, lol.

It's going to be a looonnngggg night...

beckywecky

HSC
shimmy&shine said:
I think we are all all-nighters. I have never been this stressed in my life. How about we make somke guidelines, and help each other out?

3am - outlines of intro, log and conclusion. stream-of-consciousness writing if i must!
4am - complete second draft of 3rd chapter, fixing all grammatical errors.
5am - Edit, and reedit intro, log and conclusion. complete.
6am - Absolute completion of the 3rd chapter.
7am - put all into one word doc. neat presentation. fix up footnoting. Make up a catchy title, and PRESS PRINT!!!! : )
post 9am - celebrate! yay! It's over. WE never ave to look at our PIPs again, unless of course we win a State prize for it, lol.

It's going to be a looonnngggg night...
Ahhhh ...

By 5am, rugged up in a blanket at the computer, I completely broke down. Everything was crashing down beside me as I tried desperately to type my first, yes FIRST, chapter of my central material. As I had to leave at 7am, I only did one chapter - but condensed all the information I would have put in the other chapters into the one. It was the only thing left that I could do. Half of my PIP (or lack of PIP) isnt footnoted.

One Chapter. 1000 words. At the maximum.

No conclusion.

No bibliiography.

YAY FOR MY EFFORTS.

I never want to hear the word, "PIP" again. Hopefully my ability to pull words of of my arse will compensate for my lack of body and substance.

It is handed in now, and there is nothing I can do.

*Sighs.

xxlambchopxx

HSC
good thing i planned mine properly and got it done in time...
i roughly drafted the whole thing 2 weeks early, but i know people who left it till the last week aand they were not in a good state

ramee19

HSC
OMGOHH ! -_-' well i guess this is tha time where i should be working on my PIP thats due in TOMORROW. . but i've decided to vent all my thoughts and feeligns at this very moment....

Its kinda funny how you know that ur screwed but still you seek to continue doing unnecessary and pointless activities, especially at a time like this .. WHY AM I EVEN ON HERE?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... EFF! why did i hav to be born a procrastinator? ARGGH..

well so far ive only written like one a4 page of my chapter one and thats about it.. but i've got like other info thats scattered all over the place-_- so thats like 265 words out of like what. 7000 words? thats liek 4% of my PIP done=) .. -_-'' i guess definitely wont be sleeping tonite.. better yet i should i really get to work right now but i just havent got tha motivtion yet>_> Just waiting for the arrival of the 'V' that my dad's comming home with. But time will only tell wen he will come.. This is my only hope nd source of motivation .. coz right now i feel naustic as FCK.. nd ive just realised how much time ive wasted LOL>< ehh.. its ok IT WILL BE DONE! i just need to focus...(puts serz face on) ok ... i think im focused enuff.. or AM i?! =S mehhh... NEwaiiz, NUFF said~! i shall be out of this hole. GNA DO THIS SHII ! (a 10 month assignment all deduced into one night.. this is terrible T_T)

aiight its time for me to go..
CIAO PPL OF EARTH... nd goodluck to all you last mintue PIP'ers aswell! may the force be with you.. zZZzzzZZZZzZZ

Yours sincerely,
RALPH M. aka Procrastinating MF

Manda8

HSC
I only started about 2 weeks ago, i think i have about 30 pages, almost finished.

My best friend has only done 10 pages and she probally started yesterday.

I laughed when two girls in my class got into an huge argument about who had the most pages for there's. lol

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
I started mine on Tuesday.

It actually wasn't that bad.

Once you get into writing it and don't stress out, you seriously can't stop.

It helps if you know a bit about your topic as well.

And guys, I didn't even do most of the primary research. I made it up. Its seriously okay! I quoted pretend sources who i interviewed.

Just make it through tonight and you will be fine.

xx

N

noir.

you're actually supposed to stop writing at 12 am which is silly because im certain that people work on it till morning.

keep writing guys!

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
Noir. You know what? To me, you are like, the ultimate in PIP guru.

Weird I know...but yes.

And yeah, that 12am thing is true but who really listens to that? My friend pressed print on her extension history project at school 2 minutes before it was due.

eevee

HSC
Yeah I'm kind of freaking, and not really sure of how I'm going to finish.
But as long as its done I dont care.
its only worth 30% after all, I can make up for it at hsc time.
Ah.

Who else is doing things last minute??
Procrastination is a sin....so why can't i stop?!!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)