LAST QUESTION (Sorry) (1 Viewer)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Ok this is "probably" my last question

Can anyone, list top uni's in Sydney for commerce/business degrees? Is there any specific rank with facts for the ranking or if you can predict it would be much helpful

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
There's nothing specific on how u can say any uni is better than another..but its generally known that UNSW's Faculty of Commerce and Economics is one of, if not the best in South-East Asia. But Sydney Uni is basically equal, u can't really say who's better over who. But there is a definite gap between those two unis and the rest of the uni's in Sydney

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Have any Australian faculties made it to the "one of the best of the world" status?

sei

HSC
Originally posted by Minai
But Sydney Uni is basically equal, u can't really say who's better over who. But there is a definite gap between those two unis and the rest of the uni's in Sydney
I wouldn't say its basically equal (unless you're talking about vaguely similar UAIs). In fact, Sydney Uni's accounting course in the past wasn't even accredited by some of the major accounting institutions! :eek:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I can't really answer your question, but I would like to tell you that asking questions is encouraged. Don't feel bad about starting threads with legitimate questions, as I'm sure many others have the same ones on their minds. This needn't be your last question. ;)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
There's nothing specific on how u can say any uni is better than another..but its generally known that UNSW's Faculty of Commerce and Economics is one of, if not the best in South-East Asia. But Sydney Uni is basically equal, u can't really say who's better over who. But there is a definite gap between those two unis and the rest of the uni's in Sydney
what about Macq? A lotta ppl say the Macq is good in business/commerce stuff.

They've also got a wider range of business courses compared to UNSW or USyd, also with lower UAIs, which is why i got a lot of Macq on my preference list.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
I can't really answer your question, but I would like to tell you that asking questions is encouraged. Don't feel bad about starting threads with legitimate questions, as I'm sure many others have the same ones on their minds. This needn't be your last question. ;)

Yeah Macquarie is good especially for Accounting, commerce course was 89.50 last year which is high, i might go on full fee course but i'm not rich :( AND Sydney Uni/UNSW is only 3-4 UAI points difference isn't it?

qkrtjdxo

HSC
Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
Yeah Macquarie is good especially for Accounting, commerce course was 89.50 last year which is high, i might go on full fee course but i'm not rich :( AND Sydney Uni/UNSW is only 3-4 UAI points difference isn't it? [/B]
Did you mean full fee Macquarie? Cos I dont think they offer full fee at Macquarie for local students.

Commerce at UNSW was 95.50
Commerce at USYD was 94.10

timmii

sporadic attendee
Our accounting course isn't accredited? Where on earth did u get that?

We have more links than the other unis to accounting/finance instiutions, and are currently being *internationally* accredited which means ur degree will be recog overseas without requalifying.

edit: also depends on ur focus, i think unsw may be better for marketing, as usyd's course is pretty new.

sei

HSC
Originally posted by timmii
Our accounting course isn't accredited? Where on earth did u get that?
I said in the past :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)