Late offers (1 Viewer)

ciaociao

HSC
Hi,
I'm a New Zealand student so I mucked up my preferences by putting Sydney first when there was no way I could get a scholarship there. I've got one to ANU (although my parents still have to lend me some money lol) but my main round offer was Sydney. So basically I'm now relying on getting a late round offer to ANU ... problem is if I book my flights on the 4th of Feb they're going to cost unthinkable amounts :bomb: So I was wondering what my chances were of getting a place?
UAC preferences: (main round cutoffs in brackets)
1. BE (R&D) - no vacancies (99ish)
2. BE - no vacancies (not sure)
3. BSc(Adv) - vacancies (95 I think...)
ATAR: not sure but must have been at least 99.90 (they're not released to us because they're worked out through our NCEA grades and, I suspect, don't want anyone knowing how exactly they work them out).

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I can't really say what your chances of an offer are, but if your situation is that dire you could try phoning the Admissions Office and seeing if you could speak to someone there about it.

ciaociao

HSC
I talked to the scholarships office but they just said they couldn't really say...
I realise that obviously it can't be guaranteed or anything until the offers are out, just looking to see what sort of chances people think I have who have maybe been offered places in later rounds or know people who have (I don't know anyone in Australia really so I'm at a bit of a loss)... I've heard that the ATAR required can go up in later rounds (but hopefully with 99.9 I'm pretty safe), and wondering if there was anything else like that I needed to consider e.g. if it matters which preference number you've put things on?
Thanks though :)

ajdlinux

HSC
Scholarships office or admissions office?

If you have something equivalent to around 99.9, I'm sure they'd be willing to make some arrangements for you if you can speak to a senior person of some sort. That score should give you a very good chance of getting into a course that has vacancies though.

ciaociao

HSC
Ok :) Guess I'll go send emails off to relevant people then. (They must be almost getting sick of my endless questions by now :p )
Thanks again :)

ciaociao

HSC
Now someone's emailed me saying they were about to email me anyway because I've got a place in the BE (R&D) (yay!)...
I've filled out the acceptance form that they told me to fill out (the UAC one for some reason), but am now wondering where I'm meant to get my enrolment form/info that the website tells me should be in my letter of offer. The email didn't really contain any info except for pointing me to the ANU website.
Also does anyone know what kind of offer this is meant to be? Obviously it's not through UAC (I have checked and it hasn't changed the offer listed), but the website also told me that if it was a direct offer then I should have a code from my letter of offer. So what does that make it?
:)

ajdlinux

HSC
I got emailed today saying I had an Early Feb offer (which I'm not taking since I'm happy with my Main Round one), but apparently you still have to wait until the UAC release date to officially accept it through UAC, so it's still considered a standard UAC offer.

Could you copy your email in here?

ciaociao

HSC
"As it so happens I have your name listed to contact you today to advise you are being offered a place in the ANU Bachelor of Engineering (R&D) - congrats!

If you are happy with this you should accept your offer online via the ANU website. This will generate paperwork to be sent to you from ANU with regard to enrolling in courses for your first semester. The links below will give you more information on this:
ANU - Accepting Your Offer - Student Administration Services (SAS)
http://www.anu.edu.au/sas/enrolments/instructions/"

Yeah it would make sense if it was a UAC offer because when I emailed to ask they said I should fill out the acceptance form for UAC offers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)