Late Round Offers & Alternative Pathways (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: FAQ: Late Round Offers

Hi guys,

This is going to make me look like an idiot, but I don't care.

I didn't put Comm (Writing & Cultural Studies) at UTS as a preference because I din't think I'd make the 91.05 (then, now reduced) cut-off. Lo and behold, I got 92.25. But by this point I had given up, and had my heart set on Comm / Creative Arts at UOW. Didn't get it. Got straight Comm, which I don't really want to do.

If I add UTS to my preferences for the next round, what are the chances of squeezing into a (however unlikely) vacant spot? Will I be considered if I wasn't even on the radar for Main Round? I know on the list there's no (V) but honestly, I've got nothing to lose but I'm just curious as to what happens if you ADD a course to your prefs after Main Round offers?

Thanks =)
I've not heard of adding another choice to your preferences, but I'm sure this is just the same as changing around your current preferences. Since you're above the cut-off, then I imagine (if they permitted this and considered you) then you'd be one of the first people, if not the first person, offered a vacant position if it popped up.
There is the problem that adding a course may not be considered, but you have nothing to lose - go for it.

wLym

HSC

I was just wondering if anyone knows that if i got 1st pref med (but bonded) at unsw and leave unsw as 1st pref for the 2nd round, will i still be considered for an unbonded place in the 2nd round? Im not sure because i read that if you got offered 1st pref for the main round, that that pref wont be considered in the 2nd?
Sorry if i didnt explain that v clearly...
Thanks in advance

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

That's why you change your preferences around so you have a new 1st preference...

wLym

HSC

That's why you change your preferences around so you have a new 1st preference...
With med you dont apply for bonded places through uac, its done internally through the uni...so basically my case here is that i want to be considered for an unbonded place for unsw in the 2nd round, but already having been offered a bonded place for unsw. So basically i want to leave unsw as a 1st preference. Thanks anyway though.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Well, just contact the university if it's an internal thing. Some people here may be able to help though.

nrlwinner

HSC

What are the chances of getting an offer in normal commerce in Usyd/UNSW?

TutoringHSC

HSC
N/A

What are the chances of getting an offer in normal commerce in Usyd/UNSW?
There are so many students wanting to get into commerce in the second round lol.

Not to break your hopes or anything, but I think the chances are slim. There are a lot of people. I assume that since there will also be quite a few bonus points people (like you and me) with 99.95, our chances are probs on some commerce people going to Macq law.

deterministic

HSC

There are so many students wanting to get into commerce in the second round lol.

Not to break your hopes or anything, but I think the chances are slim. There are a lot of people. I assume that since there will also be quite a few bonus points people (like you and me) with 99.95, our chances are probs on some commerce people going to Macq law.
+1
There are not many final round vacancies for commerce at UNSW/Usyd anyways

Angela92

HSC

Hey,
I was wondering how EAS scheme at UNSW works for second round offers?
It says that your not eligible if your already enrolled, so if I enrol in my first round offer,
does that mean my eligibility for the access scheme at UNSW is void?

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC

What are the chances of getting into B psych, B psych science or B science at UNSW?

gwenwiver

HSC
N/A
Re: Alternative pathways to your desired university degree

Reading through Kami's "Guide to alternative university access" I noticed SWIC was mentioned.

SWIC has had a name change and is now known as UWSCollege.

UWSCollege website -

http://www.uwscollege.edu.au/site/index.cfm?display=35279

I finally found the information on how to apply at:

http://www.uwscollege.edu.au/site/index.cfm?display=45822

UWSCollege has two drop in session on 16th December.

http://www.uwscollege.edu.au/news2/uwscollege_drop_in_sessions

gwenwiver

HSC
N/A

I was just wondering with organisations such as Insearch at UTS and SIBT at Macquarie uni, that offer courses that are equivalent to first year uni study, is HECS applicable to the alternative courses these organisations offer?
Or are these alternative courses all full-fee paying?

Much appreciated if that could be clarified.
Check the diplomas offered by UWSCollege at both Westmead and Quakers Hill. I understand they are HECS funded. To check them out go to
http://www.uwscollege.edu.au/

neeshee1

HSC

i missed the cut off mark for bachelor of science so i think il have to go to tafe, im not sure which course would lead me into bachelor of science
the only two tafes i can go to are randwick and ultimo and they don't seem to have any science related courses....

gwenwiver

HSC
N/A

i missed the cut off mark for bachelor of science so i think il have to go to tafe, im not sure which course would lead me into bachelor of science
the only two tafes i can go to are randwick and ultimo and they don't seem to have any science related courses....
You cannot know if you have missed the cut-off until the offers are made
The article from the age helps with explaining why many cut-off may change this year
http://www.theage.com.au/national/e...n-up-as-entry-scores-fall-20111126-1o0j1.html

gwenwiver

HSC
N/A

I was just wondering with organisations such as Insearch at UTS and SIBT at Macquarie uni, that offer courses that are equivalent to first year uni study, is HECS applicable to the alternative courses these organisations offer?
Or are these alternative courses all full-fee paying?

Much appreciated if that could be clarified.
HECS applies to he courses offered by UWSCollege - equivalent to the first year at UWS

Diplomas are available in:

Business and Commerce
Engineering
Information and Communications Technology
Science
Social Science
Health Science
Construction Management

The website for their courses is http://www.uwscollege.edu.au/course/local

You could find out more about the courses at Course Decision Day is Tuesday, 3 January 2012, from 4.00pm till 8.00pm - information at http://myfuture.uws.edu.au/future-student-events/course_decision_day

There has been a new development since the UAC booklet was printed. The Diploma in Social Science and Diploma in Business & Commerce will be offered at Westmead as well as Quakers Hill

The UAC codes for the Diploma in Social Science and Diploma in Business & Commerce at Westmead are:
729505 Diploma in Business & Commerce

729575 Diploma in Social Science

see

http://www.uwscollege.edu.au/news/westmead_campus_transformation2

Last edited:

gwenwiver

HSC
N/A

You can probably find out more about alternative pathways at the Information Days that most universities run in the first week of January.

There will probably be advisors from UWSCollege at the UWS Decision Day
Date

Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Time From 4.00pm till 8.00pm

Location UWS Parramatta Campus
Corner of James Ruse Drive and Victoria Road
Rydalmere

If you are not able to attend on the day, a selection of presentations will be streamed live at.
http://myfuture.uws.edu.au/future-student-events/course_decision_day

also check out the alternative pathways to UWS
http://future.uws.edu.au/future_students_home/pathways-to-uws

Last edited:

tazzyel

HSC

Okay so!
I only put public communications/international studies at UTS as my first preference, which was a 2011 cut-off of 92.??
I got 93.95 so I thought sweet I'm in, and... stupidly... didn't put plain public communications as any of my preferences.
NOW, the cut-off for pubcomm/intstudies has gone up by like 5-6 points!! And I didn't get anywhere near it!!
Now I put just plain pubcomm for my late round 1st preference and am PRAYING I can still get in (I'm like 2 points above the 2012 cut-off for that)
Is there anyone who this has happened to/can comfort me in regards to getting a late round offer in this course?? It's just annoying knowing I might not get in because of UAC and not because of my actual ATAR...
WAHHHH
help a bitch out!

burkefan

HSC

I got 94.30 and a Main Round Offer for Combined Law/Commerce at Macquarie.

I am expecting UAC to send me a confirmation letter of which Universities will grant me bonus points (illness disadvantages). If I receive 4-5 bonus points, is there still a chance I can get admission into Sydney University for Law, if people were to drop out? I ask this because I've heard some people have just scraped under 98 and made it into Sydney, and am hoping if I get bonus points before the Main Round to take me up to 98.30, that I can still get in.

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A

Hey guys, quick question, I've already accepted my offer to a course, so do I need to remove that from my UAC preferences entirely, or is shifting another course to the top enough to be eligible for an offer? :) Thanks in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)