Late Round Offers & Alternative Pathways (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: FAQ: Late Round Offers

You can just shift another course to the top.

xjxmxhx

HSC

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out here cos i made a mistake with my uni preferences.
I got 90 as an atar, put arts at mq as my 2nd preference after arts/law at mq.
Siily me, i put down arts at the city campus instead of the ryde campus :/
Seeing as the cutoff is 75, would i have a good chance at getting an offer in the late round? I don't know what to do, i can't believe i made such a stupid mistake!

seilk5

HSC
N/A
Re: Alternative pathways to your desired university degree

Hey guys, I got an ATAR of 54.5, what would be the easiest way to get to university. I want to do a bachelor in economics and I was thinking about just hoping to get an offer into a bachelor of Arts or something then transferring but I still haven't got an offer for the main round... I've read a few alternatives over the internet but what would be the best way into a bachelor of economics at any university that doesn't require too much money?

junkstuff_123

HSC
N/A

Hey,
I received my 2nd preference as my offer to UNSW. But I also want to try my chances in the late round for another offer also at UNSW.
I want to accept the offer given to me by UNSW but wasn't sure what was meant by this:

"Please note: It is University policy that no more than one offer may be accepted or deferred in each semester and as a result, choosing to accept or defer any program (shown below) will cause all other program offers for the current semester to be automatically withdrawn."

Does that mean if I accept the offer I am given in the Main Round, that I won't receive a Late Round offer??
What does it mean???
Sorry guys, really confused :S

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

It means you can't accept offers for two courses. So if you get an offer in a later round, you can't accept that too.

junkstuff_123

HSC
N/A

Oh OK, Thank You :)

So does that mean if I were to get a better offer in the Late round, but have previously accepted my Main Round offer, that I can't accept the Late offer?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

You can accept it. You just have to decline and unenrol from your Main Round offer.

gwenwiver

HSC
N/A
Re: Alternative pathways to your desired university degree

If you don't get into the bachelor of economics maybe you consider the bachelor of business and commerce which has a number of majors from which you can select. See

http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/course.aspx?course=2753.1

If you study at UWSCollege you complete the first year of your degree and it is HECS funded.

WorryWartCob

HSC

how do you decline once accepting?

and do you accept on the actual universities page?

Yallaby1

HSC

Ok, here's the thing, I didn't know how the 'rounds" work up until today, but it's too late to change preferences for this round so if i make changes for the last round is there still a chance? Is it exactly the same as the late round? please help

Franky101

HSC

Question to the people who got into UNSW in the first round. I put in my details on the new student part of the website and was able to create my unipass, this is 24 hours before second round offers are out, does this mean I am accepted?

Dylanamali

HSC

Question to the people who got into UNSW in the first round. I put in my details on the new student part of the website and was able to create my unipass, this is 24 hours before second round offers are out, does this mean I am accepted?
most likely.. what course did you get into?

MathsIsWeird

HSC

Ok, here's the thing, I didn't know how the 'rounds" work up until today, but it's too late to change preferences for this round so if i make changes for the last round is there still a chance? Is it exactly the same as the late round? please help
Very unlikely unless they still have vacancies.
Fisrt round offers = ~57000
Late round offers = ~ 7000
Final round offers = ~ 1700
Im not saying give up, but understand that if you are trying to get into a high demand course i doubt you will get it because all the positions will have filled up.

Yallaby1

HSC

Very unlikely unless they still have vacancies.
Fisrt round offers = ~57000
Late round offers = ~ 7000
Final round offers = ~ 1700
Im not saying give up, but understand that if you are trying to get into a high demand course i doubt you will get it because all the positions will have filled up.
ok thanks,

gunner94

HSC

If you leave the offer there, does that mean you decline it?

fuggu1

HSC

so i got an "H" in one of my preferences in the main round letter, and changed it to my 1st before the deadline for late round, but didnt get a late round offer. did the H actually mean that i would've gotten that course if i made it my first pref in the main? or i am i mistaken

UACInfo

Universities Admissions Centre, www.uac.edu.au
HSC
N/A

If you leave the offer there, does that mean you decline it?
Hi gunner,

If you don’t accept your offer by the specified date, the offer will lapse and your position at university will be offered to someone else in the Final Round.

asparagus

HSC
N/A

Hey UACInfo, I've accepted and enrolled into my main round offer but have just received a late round offer at another institution. If I accept and enrol in my new offer does that mean I forfeit my main round offer?

Thanks.

UACInfo

Universities Admissions Centre, www.uac.edu.au
HSC
N/A

so i got an "H" in one of my preferences in the main round letter, and changed it to my 1st before the deadline for late round, but didnt get a late round offer. did the H actually mean that i would've gotten that course if i made it my first pref in the main? or i am i mistaken
Hi fuggu,

Your best bet is to speak to someone at UAC's customer service team. Give them a buzz on 02 9752 0200 from 8.30am tomorrow and they'll be able to give you advice based on your specific circumstances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)