• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

late round offers (1 Viewer)

victoriouz1

HSC
If i got my first preference in main round and accept the offer, but changed my preferences for late round cuz i changed my mind, will this jeopardize my already accepted offer or anything like that ?
thnx.

HSC
if you have already accepted the first offer, then change your preferences, they cant just say "no you cant come to this uni. you changed your preferences". you have already taken their offer, but are hoping for another.

mc88

HSC
What I want to do is apply for a different course at the same university, even though I'll most likely take the original course I chose anyway. If I get my second round offer, do I have to take it or can I keep my first round offer?

kloudsurfer

HSC
I had the same question (but found my answer in the FAQs the UAC website):

If I receive a Main Round offer, can I accept my offer and also change preferences for consideration in the Late and Final rounds?

Yes, UAC advises you to accept your Main Round offer. You can then also submit a change of preference for the Late and Final rounds. You do not jeopardise your chances of receiving another offer by accepting your Main Round offer.

If you receive an offer in one round and accept it, and then receive an offer in a later round, you can choose either to:

* keep your previous offer and not accept your new offer or
* withdraw from your previous offer and accept your new offer.

You do not need to change your preferences if you want to be considered for preferences higher than your offer - ie. if you receive a Main Round offer for your third preference, you will automatically be considered for your first and second preferences again in the Late and Final rounds if those courses have vacancies.

Do not assume you will receive an offer in the Late and Final rounds - it will depend on whether there are vacancies in the course/s. Also, the cut-off for a course in the Late and Final rounds could be less than, greater than, or the same as the cut-off in the Main Round.

ronan01

HSC
do i just accept my first round course,

and then i change my preferences around for late round and move my main round offer down to try and get a late round offeR?

sorry sounds confusing..

kloudsurfer

HSC
ronan01 said:
do i just accept my first round course,

and then i change my preferences around for late round and move my main round offer down to try and get a late round offeR?

sorry sounds confusing..
Yup :)

HSC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you don't need to keep your main round course in your preferences list to be considered.

ronan01

HSC
soo this is how i have it now.

Course 1 - ( applying for late round )
Course 2 - ( applying for late round )
Course 3 - (my main round offer which i accepted.)
Course 4 - (some other course, that doesnt really matter.)

Is this correct? i just dont want to lose out on my mainround offer incase all else fails... lol

uniform

!!!
HSC
Trampoline Man said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you don't need to keep your main round course in your preferences list to be considered.

ronan01 said:
soo this is how i have it now.

Course 1 - ( applying for late round )
Course 2 - ( applying for late round )
Course 3 - (my main round offer which i accepted.)
Course 4 - (some other course, that doesnt really matter.)

Is this correct? i just dont want to lose out on my mainround offer incase all else fails... lol
Correct. Once you've been offered a place in a course during the main round, the only way you can lose that place is by not enrolling on/by the specified date. The universities don't take your main round offer back if you remove it or move it down your preference list.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
It's best contacting the university, make sure you have enrolled in your units for your new offer though.

historykidd

HSC
Got a late round offer for UNSW Law, not sure if i'll take it but :/.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
historykidd said:
Got a late round offer for UNSW Law, not sure if i'll take it but :/.
I presume it's DFEE coz your last offer was B Arts at Usyd and i presume it was a smaller but still a big jump to move up from his previous offer.

If it is a DFEE spot consider using the FEE-Help program and yeh begging parents for financial assistance.

Hmm, if you got into UNSW i would have thought you would have been good enough to do law at another uni besides usyd.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Polar999 said:
what are the odds of a late round unsw med offer
It really depends how well you went. But i'd say highly unlikey if you have not recieved a DFEE, MRBS, or Bonded place in the main round.
If you did well in your UAI, UMAT(above cut-offs) and Interviewbut didn't quite make it i'd say you have a slim chance in gettin a DFEE, MRBS or Bonded spot in late/final round.

Doomah

HSC
in late round there would be a few places open up coz a few interstate students would of applied to every med school australia wide, they may of gotten multiple offers in each state.

in Final round. pretty much zero chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)