Late submission on Turnitin by one minute. (1 Viewer)

BKM1

HSC
I submitted an assignment on Turnitin a minute late. A 10% penalty applies per day of lateness, so will I still get penalised even though it's just a minute late?

Thanks

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, doesn't matter if you submitted 1 minute late or 23 hours 59 minutes late the same 10% penalty applies. IMO; touch up the assignment now and resubmit after you've done it properly

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, doesn't matter if you submitted 1 minute late or 23 hours 59 minutes late the same 10% penalty applies. IMO; touch up the assignment now and resubmit after you've done it properly
Yup. DO edits to make it better in an attempt to recooperate some of the 10% lost. What subject is this btw?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

D94

HSC
N/A
The risk with making another submission is that the marker may be sympathetic with a 1 minute lateness than seeing you have made a further submission well after the due time.

It's also hard to tell whether you can actually make any changes that can actually re-cooperate that loss. Students who take pride in their work will know they've submitted their best piece of work, so any changes may actually make it worse than the current submission.

But of course if you have left it that late, it probably isn't your best piece of work. Also, if you have left it that late, maybe a 10% hit will make you realise that time management is important, not only at uni, but in life as well.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
The risk with making another submission is that the marker may be sympathetic with a 1 minute lateness than seeing you have made a further submission well after the due time.

It's also hard to tell whether you can actually make any changes that can actually re-cooperate that loss. Students who take pride in their work will know they've submitted their best piece of work, so any changes may actually make it worse than the current submission.

But of course if you have left it that late, it probably isn't your best piece of work. Also, if you have left it that late, maybe a 10% hit will make you realise that time management is important, not only at uni, but in life as well.
I always love what D94 has to say :D

BKM1

HSC
Yeah I thought that would be the case, cheers for the replies. I'd done the actual assignment properly, so won't be changing it. Just took too long with the referencing and the file taking 2 minutes to upload. But anyways shouldn't have left it till the last minute.

bangladesh

HSC
1min-7days doesn't matter.. even 1 second late is enough to lose 10%

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I highly doubt they will be lenient. Because obviously you would have all the time in the world to submit it and you are responsible for knowing the submission deadline.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)