Lateness to lectures, HELP (1 Viewer)

flaganarchy

HSC
N/A
Do Lectures/Coordinators and the Students within them care if you are late to one of their lessons, like will you get in trouble? I have this fear that I'll walk into a lecture around 15 minutes late cause I got lost and everyone will laugh at me. Should I worry about this? :cold:

Begbie4017

HSC
You can be late to lectures ..noone says anything (although I did have one lecturer who would get very upset about it but she was visiting from une & the only one in 2 years of uni to get bothered by it)

Try not to be late to tutorials because usually you have a minimum to attend & sometimes there is a participation mark awarded by the tutor (so they may not look at you too kindly) well that's my experience at Mq anyway

jest3r

HSC
speaking from experience, walking into a lecture late is fine, so long as you find a seat in a swift and quiet manner. it might also be worth noting that some lecturers also go up in arms about OH&S and forbid you from sitting in the stair aisles so finding an actual seat to sit on is paramount especially in crowded lectures you'll encounter in the first week.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
speaking from experience, walking into a lecture late is fine, so long as you find a seat in a swift and quiet manner. it might also be worth noting that some lecturers also go up in arms about OH&S and forbid you from sitting in the stair aisles so finding an actual seat to sit on is paramount especially in crowded lectures you'll encounter in the first week.
speaking from experience, the lecturer will temporarily pause his presentation the moment late students arrive in the lecture hall and sing happy birthday and present the cake to the person whose birthday is held that day. he will resume presentation once the noise level has dropped considerably.

Che08

HSC
Yeah.. depends on the lecturer and also if the lecture is compulsary or not.. If its not compulsary usually the lecturer wont mind so long as you come in quietly and sit close to the door.

joshuabach

HSC
late comers tend to be shot

people who ask stupid questions on forums are also shot

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Do Lectures/Coordinators and the Students within them care if you are late to one of their lessons, like will you get in trouble? I have this fear that I'll walk into a lecture around 15 minutes late cause I got lost and everyone will laugh at me. Should I worry about this? :cold:
If you're late to an Accounting lecture, the lecturer will usually tell you to present your organised time management budget to him/her when you arrive 15-20 minutes late. To avoid this inconvenient situation, either arrive earlier or enter through the backdoor (if there is one).

No one really cares in the first few weeks of the semester. If it happens in around week 7, the lecturer will stop the lecture entirely, point at you and make really lame jokes at you for a whole 10 minutes whilst both of you are standing up. A waste of time for all the other eager students.

Affinity

HSC
I always turned up late.. no one gave a damn about that.. there are exceptions though

DTFM

HSC
I turned up half an hour late to my first lecture and the lecturer glared at me.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
At Melbourne Uni there's a back entrance into Lecture Halls for if you're late, if there's something like that at your uni then just do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)