Latest we can drop a course without getting a refund? (1 Viewer)

Pyramid

HSC
According to UNSW's key dates, the last day to discontinue a course without 'academic' penalty is September 4.

When, however, is the latest I can drop a course without financial penalty? That is, without getting a refund of the course fee.

(Bearing in mind that course payments are due this Sunday, the 31st).

Also, a side question: what do T2, T2A and T2B mean? Considering that they each have different key dates...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I think the latest without financial penalty is the HECS census date... which is August 31.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
According to UNSW's key dates, the last day to discontinue a course without 'academic' penalty is September 4.

When, however, is the latest I can drop a course without financial penalty? That is, without getting a refund of the course fee.

(Bearing in mind that course payments are due this Sunday, the 31st).

Also, a side question: what do T2, T2A and T2B mean? Considering that they each have different key dates...
before the census date

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
you're really confusing this doesn't make sense to me. contradiction?

btw u dont get a refund. it just deducts the semester after i think. and yes its before census date.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
like week 5 or something, but don't drop it stick to your guns

Pyramid

HSC
Actually, what does 'academic penalty' involve? They surely can't punish us academically for simply dropping a course...

Also: I'm just reading my fee statement; it says the census date is 31 August. Is this the date by when we must pay (without getting...terminated)? I swear I remember seeing 31st July as the census date somewhere!

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
yes they can

academic penalty would simply mean, say you did a course and you have, accumulated 30/50 available marks. AFAIk, you will have 30/100, added to your marks, which count towards your wam, but you will not have a "fail" next to it

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Actually, what does 'academic penalty' involve? They surely can't punish us academically for simply dropping a course...

Also: I'm just reading my fee statement; it says the census date is 31 August. Is this the date by when we must pay (without getting...terminated)? I swear I remember seeing 31st July as the census date somewhere!
it means it'll still appear on your transcript.
You're meant to have paid by the 24th of July. 31st is the last day u can drop with no financial penalty.

Pyramid

HSC
Far out. Just checked my zMail. 24 July. Does this mean I won't get the 20% discount which is reserved for those who make timely, up-front payments? Or worse, will UNSW do something to the effect of kicking me out of my current courses?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)