• Latham

Votes: 344 65.4%
  • Howard

Votes: 182 34.6%

• Total voters

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
You might have inferenced that from the content of my replies, but that is not an issue until I vote, which will not be this upcoming election.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Ok, going back off topic now. You say there is a choice of schools. well, maybe that's true in Sydney, but not everywhere else. A mate of mine went to a selective school. He was on the bus for two hours or more and finally gave up because getting home at five thirty or six and then doing the homewoprk was too much. That and being up at about five in the morning.
And there are no private schools any closer. We have to go to a public school, there ain't much choice in that. And this is true of many rural regions, many further from an elite education than us.

90% of school leavers may seek further education, but most of them end up at TAFE because they aren't smart or rich enough for uni.

And the other 10% however come from the poverty trap. They went to a disadvantaged public school, end up unemployed or ina shit job, and then they're kids end up going to a dead end public school without resources.

And Australia is mostly a classes society, especially in the country, where people can't group themslevs in rich and poor. However in many cities there are the rich and the poor areas.

Generator

HSC
N/A
A class system is emerging within this country, particularly in Sydney. You must be living in a very insular world to have not noticed that.

ellymelly

HSC
At least Howard classifies as a human being, not as much can be said for Lathem, besides, we're nearly out of the 96 billion dollars of debt labor left the country in, why in God's name do we want to stuff it up again?

Last edited:
yeah because it's not like MARK LATHAM who is the leader of the AUSTRALIAN LABOR PARTY hasn't promised FURTHUR TAX CUTS which would obviously place MORE PRESSURE ON INFLATION.

you CAN READ THE BITS IN CAPS ONLY for a summary.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Originally posted by Enlightened One
And Australia is mostly a classes society, especially in the country
Originally posted by Asquithian
W T F
Where I live there are people earning four times as much per year as my family but they go to the same school as me.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Enlightened_One
Or not living in Sydney....
Which is basically what I said, is it not?

Also, one family in a rural area... Not the greatest example for such a sweeping claim.

Last edited:

Egg_666

LATHAM is NOT making MORE TAX CUTS... just SPREADING THE TAX CUTS AROUND... to make it FAIRER for ALL australians...

once again... caps for summary

Originally posted by Egg_666
LATHAM is NOT making MORE TAX CUTS... just SPREADING THE TAX CUTS AROUND... to make it FAIRER for ALL australians...

once again... caps for summary

Well, well, well. We certainly are the king of foot in mouth.

Let's see, Latham wants to PASS HOWARD'S EXISTING TAX CUTS and then make FURTHUR TAX CUTS for lower income earners. Caps for summary.

Now, as good HSC maths students, it should be obvious that if you MATCH THE EXISTING and then ADD MORE, you're going to get a number GREATER THAN THE EXISTING NUMBER.

But, you seem to disagree. Would you care to explain your position?

Sush

Well there's a bit of a theory that since people generally avoid change, people usually only vote for a change in govt if the economy is really quite c**p, n since the truth is that Howard has improved Australia's economic situation whihc is no surprise as obviously the liberal party is inclined towards privatisation and other economic enhancing concepts, according to that theory we'll have to continue seeing good ol' bushy eye brows at it again. n also deres d whole ignorant view of "oh since the labor party created debt last time in power it must mean tahts what they all will do" so yeh just because keating was shite its given labor a bad name

Mojo_Jojo

Well, I'm pretty happy with the current governments handling of our economy over the past few years - but find it impossible to accept a government that consistently lies. Howard's use of 'plausible deniability' (what a horrible obfuscating term) to hide whatever he thinks we aren't mature enough to handle ie Tampa, Refugees, WMD, Halliburton and Iraq Oil et al. just sicken me, and I can't let him continue to govern Australia in that way.

joshhopp

HSC
My choice is Howard, for it is his trans-maternal strengths by which his influence exudes that we come to understand ourselves, our country, and ourselves.

kochou

Howard... well the economy seems to be doing well and as an ignorant economics student, the proposed buget is quite appealing.

Good thing I won't need to vote, since i don't really want either.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Originally posted by joshhopp
My choice is Howard, for it is his trans-maternal strengths by which his influence exudes that we come to understand ourselves, our country, and ourselves.
o_O

I like Howard, but not THAT much...

gaybasher

Banned
ummmmm did latham really call jonny howard an arse licker??????/ is that true? if so i give points for that

i hate politcally correct puppets like the ones we have in power now...

all politicians are scum pretty much i choose latham because the most important thing to me is the troops and the current government has shown a total disregard for them and also just invaded another country all for the sake of sucking up to america. i dont like latham though just for the fact,,,,labour is for the pooor......................either way...........................all political parties are designed to steel money and lie to the public just to fill ther own pockets and satisfy there egos..................the best politician in this country was Pauline Hansen..shes the only one with some balls. Pauline Hansen for PM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)