• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Latham's illness (2 Viewers)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I dunno, i think it's possible that he was on holidays, and it probably is a little harsh to judge him real bad. It could be mistaken identity, but i think they actually found out who had been booked into the hotel and such from watching the news.

I do however feel labor does need another change, latham will never be elected, at least not by the current generations. I think they should switch to Rudd, lately he's been the face of labor i dun think it would take the public long to get to know him.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I think that political parties have had their day - we need more independents (like me) in Parliament.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes there has been the suggestion floating around of having the freah face of Rudd as the new leader, backed up by the experience and know how of beazely.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The problem with independents at the moment is that to get in they need a pretty radical agenda, i dunno maybe if u can get your males rights movement up and going u might manage to get a controversial seat :)

As a liberal voter I prefer Rudd & Beazley, and would be more likely to change my vote to them than to Latham.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Maybe the illness is a prelude to Marks retirement? I mean, he hasn't kept in contact with his party and made no statement about the tsunami...I think it would make sence.
Bring back Beazley.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Didn't he have some issue with his appendix? Don't take everything the SMH regurgitates, Latham being the sissy, bleeding heart liberal he is wouldn't have missed an opportunity to lick international arse without a good reason.
Dickwitted, selfish me first fuck you ring wing, neo conservative, hardline, arbitrary, inflexible, redneck, bigot, anti cause, anti intellectual country bumpkin.

Why don't you head of to church with some Tory lower north shore citizens when you get to Sydney. You can snigger about asian people (I'm not racist but...), complain about the rail system you would never be caught dead on it, request the local council put up a statute of John Howard in the community shopping village, think about renovating your house, drive your kids to the local christian and coincidentally white Private school in your 4WD.

Whenever a Labor leader comes on TV you and your Tea drinking Gossipy housewives can snigger and call him/her a communist and say 'god gave me the right to drive a 2000kg 4WD and you can't do anything about it you poor bastard - why should i have to pay for UWS or medicare. Poor people should work harder. Its their own fault they are poor. I mean I worked hard to marry my (dickless) investment banker husband. *Giggle* He's such a good provider mary. We went to India last year for a holiday. It's not really my kind of thing but it was nice to see all those funny statues. But the place stank. Did you know I put new air fresh spray in the bathroom. It's called Galle Mist. It cost me 45 dollars at that new arts and Crafts shop down at the shopping village. Yeah its nice..."

You can joke about the aboriginal problem, laugh at protestors, laugh at misguided young people that havn't yet realised that causes are not worth fighting for (justice and fairness redefined as 'help yourself'), enjoy your habour view, push for no sex before marriage education in your daughter's school, push for the teaching of creationism, insist that christians are better people, make sure you daughter associates with the right people (Rich, christian, white male - father preferably a heart surgeon or investment banker).

Suggest that asian kids who go well in the HSC have no life, knock them for doing well, watch channel 9 news ignore SBS and the ABC (why should I pay for it?), become an 'expert' in wine, mispronouce the types of wines, join hillsong, push for the reintroduction of the death penalty, push for less laws to control big business, push for more laws to control crime (Cos you know white collar crime isnt really a crime is it?).

Get to know what an extreme example of an anti libreal is before you start slandering 'bleeding heart liberals'. Last I heard LIBERTY was a good thing and CARING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE was also good.

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
lol i didnt even bother reading any of that

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Deus said:
lol i didnt even bother reading any of that
You should. It's the best abuse ive seen since GWB

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
*applauds Jesus!*

i understand that Latham is sick, but honestly, how difficult is it to sign a piece of paper. (and btw, i am a hardcore labor voter, whoever the leader).

and it brings up a more important point, if Latham is sick, i dun think he should be leader, esp. when he's promoting himself as younger and fresher. i think latham will step down.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
i must completely agree with the views expressed by townie

lol yes i read it! wow i couldnt have said it better jesus!

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Deus said:
Well have to say i only noticed latham's absence from the comment on the Tsunami on January 5 when Labor actually told us where he was. Apparently sick again. But now there are newspaper reports saying he was at a resort. Now if he is well enough to go to a resort he is surely well enough to issue a statement on the matter.
While I'm definitely not a Latham-supporter, I think all this criticism is a bit harsh. Give the guy a break - if he's sick then he should be relaxing by the pool!

Deus said:
And just imagine if the Australian people elected him? A prime minister in bed while all this is happening?
Kind of like Bush, playing cowboys and indians at his ranch while a war is on? If Latham was prime minister then he probably would have made a statement. As it is, the responsibility isn't so pressing so he probably decided to rest up - fair enough.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
As for your first comment, thats why he has personal press secrataries who do that kind of thing for him on his behalf. Are they all sick too?

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
True, true...I'm not supporting the guy (he seems to be on his last legs, sickness or not) but I was just surprised at the backlash. Does anyone really care what he says about it anyway?

Lorie

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Lorie, even if he is the leader of the opposition it's quite possible that he could of been the PM right now.
Would the same thing be happening if he was pm? Would we have a PM in a luxury resort resting his illness on holidays with his family, too lazy to even make a short statement?

What would a short statement do. If he disagreed with any of the stuff the government is doing, they would simply protray him as an evil individual who hates asia. If he agreed he would simply feed the governments ego. I'm sure the PM is having fun going to the cricket and promoting his generosity with these funds to rebuilding the countries in Asia. I don't think latham can achieve anything seriously, it can only create another situtation where events get manipulated into political jockeying.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
He should've thrown himself and labor behind the government aid programme immediatly. All leaders are expected to put aside ego and differences in crisis. It's so far inexcusable.

Lorie

HSC
Iron woman said:
All leaders are expected to put aside ego and differences in crisis.

yeah well you'd think that at the tampa crisis and the children overboard thing, and september 11 event that would've occured aswell, but not the case.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I think you'll find it was indeed the case. (Although tampa was not a situation where shared political opinion was the best thing for the victims... neither was s11... too very bad examples of yours, but both political parties essentially agreed on similar courses of action)

Lorie

HSC
Iron woman said:
I think you'll find it was indeed the case. (Although tampa was not a situation where shared political opinion was the best thing for the victims... neither was s11... too very bad examples of yours, but both political parties essentially agreed on similar courses of action)

No i wasn't using these examples as when the parties agreed or disagreed on policies. I was using them as when the politians played politics with the situtation in order to boost rating and create fear amongst the voters, in turn lift their egos as political leaders. Look at the Tampa crisis Howard refused to let these people on Australian solid and built up all these lies about children overboard to scare the voters into voting for the liberals. He ingored the basic needs of the people, and essentially the truth. Look at September 11, Bush used this as an excuse to create paranior amongst Amercians about terriorists. Now we just had Habib released after 3 years, without being charged, and CNN having the best ratings since they started.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
u heard it here first, i think Latham has cancer, not just pancreatitis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)