Law 2010 (1 Viewer)

trevhk

HSC
N/A
Hey there Alice :)

haha yeah see you all at the toga party :dog::monkey:

L4K

HSC
Hey I just joined the site and found the UTS area. Got accepted into Bus/Law so hopefully I'll see some of you guys there.

Don't know about the camp. Anyone know what it actually involves?

trevhk

HSC
N/A
Is anyone else doing the same study plan structure as me D:?

I'm doing all business streams in the first semester, accounting, economics, business law and ethics, mangaging people and organisations. Then in sem 2 i'll be doing Legal methods & research as well as perspectives on law. Are there any other 2010 law undergraduates who are also following this study plan, where law streams really start in the second semester with Semester one filled with subjects from your other degree?

diaz-66

HSC
Is anyone else doing the same study plan structure as me D:?

I'm doing all business streams in the first semester, accounting, economics, business law and ethics, mangaging people and organisations. Then in sem 2 i'll be doing Legal methods & research as well as perspectives on law. Are there any other 2010 law undergraduates who are also following this study plan, where law streams really start in the second semester with Semester one filled with subjects from your other degree?
Im doing the same study plan structure. :) However I also have marketing in the first semester. I followed the UTS Handbook because they told me that is what I had to do. Did anyone else have marketing as well?

trevhk

HSC
N/A
marketing wasn't in the first semester though, was it O_O?

diaz-66

HSC
Im sure it was for me and Im doing B Business B Laws so better have a look.

Here is the link if you dont have it -
https://onestopadmin.uts.edu.au

There should be times left because there arent a variety of time selections :) Hope it all turns out ok for you!

trevhk

HSC
N/A
Year 1
Autumn semester
21129 Managing People and Organisations 6cp
22107 Accounting for Business 6cp
25115 Economics for Business 6cp
79203 Business Law and Ethics 6cp
Spring semester
24108 Marketing Foundations 6cp
70115 Perspectives on Law 8cp
70120 Legal Method and Research 6c

That's from the handbook. But yeah, to be honest it doesn't really matter which semester you do marketing, as long as you do it :) My semester 2 timetable is bloody shotty since I was a bit late on choosing the times for my law subjects :( Oh well.

trevhk

HSC
N/A
Oh yes, does anyone know how many first year students there are for our law cohort?

diaz-66

HSC
my timetable wasnt too great either, but Im glad I was able to get 2 days free in the first semester :) I have no idea how many people are doing law, lol is it in the few hundreds right? I havent got a clue!

diaz-66

HSC
Hey I got my list of law textbooks that we are gonna need (got it by email) but havent got a list of business textbooks. Did anyone get the business textbooks list and also should we get textbooks now? I was told by a few people to wait until you go to lectures because they tell you if in the end you really need some of them or not.

trevhk

HSC
N/A
Diaz, I've also heard that we should wait until the first lecture, so I would hold off until then. :spam: I guess I won't be needing to buy those expensive law textbooks until the 2nd semester D: :spam:

Could I you of a favour Diaz D:? Mind sending me that law textbook list LOL! If you can, please send it to trevor.tsui@hotmail.com, cheers mate! See you on monday :D!

diaz-66

HSC
hey trevor, I just sent the message to you. To anyone else needing the list here it is now.

70120 Legal Method & Research
*Cook, Creyke, Geddes and Hamer, Laying Down the Law (7th ed, 2009)

70115 Perspectives on Law
Patrick Parkinson, Tradition and Change in Australian Law, 4th edition, Lawbook Co, 2010

70211 Contracts
*Willmott, Christensen and Butler, Contract Law (3rd ed, 2009) Oxford University Press
*Clarke, Clarke and Zhou, Contract Law Commentaries, Cases and Perspectives (2008) Oxford University Press

mewantcookies

HSC
N/A
anyone know if those textbooks are for JD students as well? or do we get other textbooks? cause all the subjects are the same...

trevhk

HSC
N/A
Not too sure since I haven't really had a look at the JD course, but I would assume so.

TunaFish

HSC
Is eveyone going to the Law orientation tomorrow?

The email from the coordinator said to be at Haymarket by 9am.
Why so earlyyy.

Also, does anyone have a program for tomorrow? I don't have a clue what's going to be happening.

5233andy

HSC
I think the prize giveaway, at the end of the day, was a good ploy to maintain enthusiasm and up the attendance numbers... Though, I don't think it would've made a difference if I didn't come.

Plus, I failed to make new friends... Better luck next time...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)