Law 315 essay (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwannarock

HSC
ouch 9am!

i woulda just skipped it somehow.

are u gonna be fitting any sleep in between now and then?

iwannarock

HSC
ok im finished.

i found i didn't really talk much about the ACT and VIC legislation. I found the ACT to be similar to the UK act and Canadian Charter......so i was just repeating myself a lot so i cut down on it.......and then the VIC one is based off the ACT one and......yeah u get the picture.

mines 2300 words. weird......its under 8 pages....all margins and that are right....double spaced etc.

the question was so vague (is this a problem?......what the hell is that) so i may have gone off on a tangent sometimes.

hopefully i get a pass for atleast an attempt to address the question.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Just woke up. Its the greatest piece of crap ever written.

I like the structure of your argument Scarecrow... I just did it like the NSW report: Why the const/legislative/common law protections arent enough (with good old examples as Ms R wanted), what overseas countries and VIC/ACT have done to try and help it, and then some problems/benefits of a bill.

Ugh. So glad its over! *dances*

HSC
yeah so glad its ova!!

not my best work - i was scrambling to get it done and didn't get time to proof read it till after - there were a few mistakes but nothing too serious

it was 5 mins late again (though i don't think it mattered) - why oh why can't i seem to get these damn things in on time?
! i must've looked so funny/scary trying to run from the efs computer labs to the law building - i'd had about an hours sleep, hadn't eaten anything for the day - plus i've had a bad chest cold and had smoked about about a million ciggies- so i was all pale with blood shot eyes and hair flying everywhere, weezing like i was about to die, making my way across the uni in a half-run half-stumble with bare feet (shoes too slow) and papers flying everywhere... it was pretty funny

iwannarock

HSC
scarecrow_of_oz said:
it was 5 mins late again (though i don't think it mattered) - why oh why can't i seem to get these damn things in on time?
as long as the other papers in the box didn't have that big stamp on them. "received aug 28th" or something it should be good.

musta been quite the sight to behold:rofl:

oh well..........i hope mrs.........sorry dr..........dr rybak treats us good.

did you remember to write dr rybak instead of mrs on the cover sheet.........because that may be an instant fail right there.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I did write "Ms" but I couldnt for the life of me remember how to spell her name correctly (another instant fail, I'm sure). She isn't part of the law dept which was a bugger because I was relying on the division list thingo at the entrance for spelling. So it kinda said "Ms Ryba *insert blur of 'ack', but could have said 'ak'*.

HSC
i don't think she really seems the type of teacher who'd be too worried about that - i think she'll pay most attention to arguments and structure... i don't think she'll be too impressed with some of my grammatical/footnote errors but i doubt she'd go 'instant fail' on anything - she writes a page of notes on each essay she reads, and really does seem to care about her students

plus, mj - she won't be the one who sorts the essays - an admin person will group all the ones with rybak on them, and then they probably get sent to her so she'd have no reason to check her name on each essay

kokochocolate

HSC
N/A
The posters to this thread are acting unethically - I know the tutor you are discussing in person and she's actually lovely in person.

I think posting her name on a public board like this is really unethical and libelous.

Plus a lot of these comments are personal attacks - fair enough if it relates to your studies but I feel sorry for the relevant individual.

Imagine yourself in her place before you post using her real name!

Just my two cents - cheers.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The posters to this thread are acting unethically - I know the tutor you are discussing in person and she's actually lovely in person.

I think posting her name on a public board like this is really unethical and libelous.

Plus a lot of these comments are personal attacks - fair enough if it relates to your studies but I feel sorry for the relevant individual.

Thread necromancy ftw

X

xeuyrawp

By bringing this thread out of virtual death, you've effectively made the 'problem' (as you see it) worse. Good job. :)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
A thread from three years ago. Good job. :)

I also fail to see any personal attacks on here. Most of them centre around her name. She no longer teaches at Mac, or anywhere else for that matter. Her teaching style - in my opinion - was highly questionable and unhelpful, which probably explains why she only lasted half a semester.

X

xeuyrawp

A thread from three years ago. Good job. :)

I also fail to see any personal attacks on here. Most of them centre around her name. She no longer teaches at Mac, or anywhere else for that matter. Her teaching style - in my opinion - was highly questionable and unhelpful, which probably explains why she only lasted half a semester.
I still really dislike the surname thing... But for you, what would Denny Crane say?! :p

kokochocolate

HSC
N/A
The best way to illustrate my point is - why don't those making the personal attacks do so in their real names? That would make things very fair. :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The best way to illustrate my point is - why don't those making the personal attacks do so in their real names? That would make things very fair. :)
Going by that logic, and calling these people unethical, let's turn that on its head, let's see your real name!

Seriously, trying to evoke some sort of ethical argument on an internet forum is like trying to fortify that Wikipedia is actually a source of sound academic writing.

The thread itself looked like it criticised her specific teaching practices, yes I know it's hard to comprehend, but a tutor/lecturer's ability to run a tutorial is actually a very intrinsic part of their ability to facilitate in the learning and teaching of their students. Yes there were a few personal attacks, but for the most part the consensus seems to agree that she had a few issues with her teaching style.

It's all good and well to hold the moral high ground about how certain things are unethical/immoral etc, but truth is, the content on here is no worse than what students would be discussing over a cup of coffee or whatnot and frankly I'd be quite surprised if you yourself were immune from such practices.

A better way to go about correcting the misconceptions on this forum would've been to come in without that moral-high horse, and actually explained to people why she isn't the person that the students perceived. Instead, you took it upon yourself to call out people for thinking differently to you, then suggested that they were in fact legally and ethically wrong. If you do believe that, then by all means outline your case, I would enjoy seeing it.

Till then, lighten the fuck up, its the internet.

kokochocolate

HSC
N/A
Going by that logic, and calling these people unethical, let's turn that on its head, let's see your real name!

Seriously, trying to evoke some sort of ethical argument on an internet forum is like trying to fortify that Wikipedia is actually a source of sound academic writing.

The thread itself looked like it criticised her specific teaching practices, yes I know it's hard to comprehend, but a tutor/lecturer's ability to run a tutorial is actually a very intrinsic part of their ability to facilitate in the learning and teaching of their students. Yes there were a few personal attacks, but for the most part the consensus seems to agree that she had a few issues with her teaching style.

It's all good and well to hold the moral high ground about how certain things are unethical/immoral etc, but truth is, the content on here is no worse than what students would be discussing over a cup of coffee or whatnot and frankly I'd be quite surprised if you yourself were immune from such practices.

A better way to go about correcting the misconceptions on this forum would've been to come in without that moral-high horse, and actually explained to people why she isn't the person that the students perceived. Instead, you took it upon yourself to call out people for thinking differently to you, then suggested that they were in fact legally and ethically wrong. If you do believe that, then by all means outline your case, I would enjoy seeing it.

Till then, lighten the fuck up, its the internet.

A conversation in a cafe is not accessible by anyone with a computer having uncensored access to the internet.

The amount of defensiveness on this board just proves my point again. Lighten up? I think that's good advice for you, not me.

Again, I don't think this is the forum to bring out personal things about the said individual, including my experience in her company. I think it's so inappropriate to go into detail like that.

I can see that it's a fine line to separate tutoring style and personal qualities. But I think the key is that if you wanted to make personal attacks, don't use her real name.

Otherwise, why not hold the conversation in a coffee house? There's a complete lack of responsibility when you come out attacking a person like that.

Yuck.

Tabris

HSC
Did you know David Spencer (our old contracts & dispute reso convenor) once read the BoS? He included BoS in his Australian newspaper article regarding teaching quality.

Is there any significant harm in using real names? Is someone here going to google her and look at that picture and say "she's a real crap and stuckup tutor"?

She is a tutor, and if she can't do her job, students can make criticism,however constructive it is to her evaluation. Students are welcomed to provide constructive feedback during end of semester evalautions and many have wrote scathing feedback on some teaching aspects.

Can someone close this thread?

X

xeuyrawp

Can someone close this thread?
I'm not closing this thread simply because you put the last word in, Tabris. :rolleyes:

That being said, it's kinda stupid to criticise a reason for a thread by resurrecting it from essential death. I really don't see the point to having this thread open anymore now that all grievances have been aired. If there are further problems, people can message me or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)