• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Law and society-Donoghue v. stephenson & carbonic smoke ball company... (1 Viewer)

Jonathan A

HSC
melsc said:
I remember being totally grossed out...and knowing it was my first case stuyd..its consolled me after I found out there was no year 9 elective called legal studies LOL
lol it is an interesting case. There are texts on the cases facts. One thing about D v S is that people have different versions of the facts. To date I can recall:

1. The drink was poured into a glass by the plaintiff
2. The drink was poured into a glass by an employee of the cafe
3. The plaintiff drunk straight out of the bottle
4. The plaintiff poured the drink, then poured the rest of it out
5. The plaintiff poured the drink onto ice cream (the version the Law Report agrees with).

More recently the texts also show that the plaintiff in this case may have been lying, that no snail was in the bottle.

Jonathan A

HSC
melsc said:
I also heard diff stories abt wat the drink was...ginger ale vs mineral water

Amazing. You'll notice everyone has their own version of a case, (even the textbooks disagree on the version of events). There are two reasons, one is psychological that the story somehow gets displaced and secondly we have some lying plaintiffs.

Jonathan A

HSC
melsc said:
I also heard diff stories abt wat the drink was...ginger ale vs mineral water

Amazing. You'll notice everyone has their own version of a case, (even the textbooks disagree on the version of events). There are two reasons, one is psychological that the story somehow gets displaced and secondly we have some lying plaintiffs.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Jonathan A said:
U think caselaw would be accurate and since its a leading case...geez...hey do u know anything abt parent night @ uws

Jonathan A

HSC
melsc said:
U think caselaw would be accurate and since its a leading case...geez...hey do u know anything abt parent night @ uws

not sure about parent night, I just heard about it. But i find uni is a personal choice and ritual lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)