• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Law at Macquarie (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

Tabris said:
WHAT ARE THE LECTURERS LIKE?

I cant tell really, although there is an ostensible bias towards feminism when we did the topic in law114,
There is a big bias towards 'rational progressivism' - Meyerson being a big Hart fan made me re-write my critique.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
wheredanton said:
All law schools will teach you the same basic knowledge. The maqu people I've met are just the same as any other law students.

Yes Maqu people do get clerkships in front of unsw/usyd/uts and do get clerkships at the top tier firms. But please consider that, so I was told by a maqu law student I know who got a clerkship, that only 15 or so in their year got one. That's not good if you are looking to get into the world of corporate law.
15 or so isn't too bad if you consider that significantly less MQ students apply (or apply with a serious effort) for clerkships.

Big firms are a trap...they work you like a bitch and expect you to be grateful for it. There are obvious perks (good pay, nice offices, name recognition) so it's not a bad place to start out, but they're generally an unhappy mob.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)