law at usyd..... (1 Viewer)

clever angel

HSC
hi ppl......
i just wanted to know....whats the cut off for combined law at usyd ??? and also for mbbs at usyd....??

thnxx.....

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
The cut-offs may change, but USyd Law has remained fairly steady at 99.6. From memory, an MBBS at USyd requires 99.95 but I'm not 100% certain.

kouklitsa

i think ive just missed out on law.. although i was talking to someone who is big in the usyd law dept and they said they felt the uai would go down this year... so i hope it does :( i only got 99.45, which doesnt get me usyd grrr!!! i guess ill settle for unsw

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I doubt it willl change this year, since ever person on the planet seems to want to do it. I think UNSW will go up too, unfortunetly for me :(

I'm thinking of just doing media or arts or soemthing and transferring. What sort of marks do u need to transfer I-Jester and is it worth it?

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Sweets said:
I doubt it willl change this year, since ever person on the planet seems to want to do it. I think UNSW will go up too, unfortunetly for me :(

I'm thinking of just doing media or arts or soemthing and transferring. What sort of marks do u need to transfer I-Jester and is it worth it?
Why are you all of a sudden interested in law? I thought you have wanted to do journalism for some time now?

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
Why are you all of a sudden interested in law? I thought you have wanted to do journalism for some time now?
How did you know that? Do I know you?

And it's not really an all of a sudden interest, just because it happens to be the first time i've spoke about. I've always been interested in many differents things. I still don't know what I want to do. Hahaha, i'm so fucked

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Law would be 99.60. Combined med is unspecified but if you get 99.95 or higher you should get an entry, although it's too late if you haven't already applied for it.

04er

HSC
clever angel said:
when will the 2006 cut-offs be released ??

thnx.... :)
Wednesday 18th January 2006: Main offers e-released at 9pm.

(8pm if last year repeats itself :p)

Good luck to everyone!!

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
clever angel said:
hi ppl......
i just wanted to know....whats the cut off for combined law at usyd ??? and also for mbbs at usyd....??

thnxx.....
I find it a little scary that you don't know. But the cut off has been 99.6 for the last few years. It never seems to change. Interesting that.

Main round 2005 UAI usyd law 99.6
Late round 99.65

Last edited:

EmMindelan

done, and happy
HSC
I've heard that the USyd law cutoff has for the last few years been set artificially high - in order to maintain it's appearance as the most demanded, prestigious, hard to get into Law course in NSW....I'm not entirely sure if that's possible, however, but it certainly would make sense. It does seem to be an abnormally high cutoff.

In terms of UNSW law, it dropped from 99.3 last year [am quoting this from memory and so I might be slightly off] to 99.15. HOWEVER - in light of this, I was/am expecting it to go back up, given that there may now be an increased demand for the course given the lower UAI. Alternatively, it could continue to go down, or maybe it'll just stay the same. Who knows?

heidi_kak

HSC
EmMindelan said:
I've heard that the USyd law cutoff has for the last few years been set artificially high - in order to maintain it's appearance as the most demanded, prestigious, hard to get into Law course in NSW....I'm not entirely sure if that's possible, however, but it certainly would make sense. It does seem to be an abnormally high cutoff.
The cutoff is NOT artificially high- you will NOT get into usyd hecs law with 99.55. (well you wouldn't have in the past few years- of course the cutoff could drop this year but unlikely)

having said this, a significant proportion of usyd law kiddies didn't get the 99.6, when u take into account 2nd yr transfers, grad law students, fee paying, 'special entry schemes' etc. if not for all these other 'pathways', I would imagine that the cutoff would be quite lower.

EmMindelan

done, and happy
HSC
Just to clarify - I've heard it suggested that Sydney somehow "sets" the Combined Law cutoff at 99.6 - and only accepts UAIs above that [except for full-fee paying etc] - in order to maintain its prestigious reputation. I have no idea whether this is actually possible.

ReTArdEd

HSC
EmMindelan said:
Just to clarify - I've heard it suggested that Sydney somehow "sets" the Combined Law cutoff at 99.6 - and only accepts UAIs above that [except for full-fee paying etc] - in order to maintain its prestigious reputation. I have no idea whether this is actually possible.
that is sooo not true, i mean the part about SYD onli accepting ppl above 99.6, cause a chick in our skool last yr got in with 99 afta writing unsyd a letter... which means of course that they do set an artificially high uai cut-off, cause they seem to have places left in the course...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)