law camp (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Re: Re: yep

Originally posted by zannaz
I've also heard of a plan set to be completed in 2010 where they going to expand the Usyd main campus and to relocate Law and other faculties to darlington/camperdown!
You going to wait that long to do your degree? :p

Originally posted by soul
im hoping to do grad law
Aren't you doing comb. law with us at UNSW? I think I got lost somewhere... as if you would want to spend two or even three years in that dungeon down in the CBD. :rolleyes: Or are you going to try and transfer over to USyd or something?

Dark Side law sounds so much cooler. :gridnod:

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by Soul
I agree with Laz, i wanted to go to Harry Potter Law for years and years, but got into UNSW instead! the DARK SIDE!!!

umn UNSW is modern so there! and its ya grades that count!

and Timmii, i was off-piste skiing in Europe, so i can say i saw u there! lol, no matter i suppose though, diff unis
That little white lie would be much appreciated, my rep can do with any enhancement it can get!

I love usyd, but now i'm starting to feel slightly rejected. I don't even get law camp!

Soul

New Title...
confusing laz

Yep, if i really find i hate the ways of the 'dark side' then after 3 years when i've completed my other degree of the combined law program, i'll try and transfer to grad law, thus doing the law at USyd (apparently this is possible = transfering from comb. law to grad law)

But this might not happen, the 'dark side' is oh so seductive in its ways -! ;)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
mm I could be wrong but I should probably warn you that I don't think UNSW awards your non-law degree until you've finished the full 5-year combined course... and that lack of a degree could prevent you from entering grad law. admittedly, I haven't really looked into it that much, just thought I'd mention it.

Soul

New Title...
serious?

fuck i'd better look that up then... i wonder who i should contact? maybe usyd law school and unsw law school

thanks for that!

transferring unis is mainly a personal thing - i doubt employers care whether usyd or unsw right? right?

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
mm I could be wrong but I should probably warn you that I don't think UNSW awards your non-law degree until you've finished the full 5-year combined course... and that lack of a degree could prevent you from entering grad law. admittedly, I haven't really looked into it that much, just thought I'd mention it.
I think it does actually, I read in the booklet that people who wantto drop out can do so after 3 years with B.Com (or whatever).

1 more

fructis
HSC
:D... i'm quite sure i'll now find myself telling people i'm studying
dark arts/law.

Soul

New Title...
Scene at hogwarts usyd law school

Lecturer: "Now listen up children, I am quite serious,... you might need these magic spells one day when confronting the dreaded...

Harry: (interrupting) Ooh! you mean confronting the dreaded green dragon?

Lecturer: No, when...

Harry: Ooh! when fighting the evil Troll of the Undead?

Lecturer: NO! something far worse! when (voice quavers) battling The UNSW law graduate!!! (Thundercrack, candles go out and close-up of lecturer's fearful face)... (FAR-AWAY LOOK IN EYES)when you are confronted in court by a practitioner of the DARK ARTS! (COLLECTIVE GASP), you'll need all the phoney spells you can muster because, well, it's the ONLY thing that can even challenge a (PAUSE FOR DRAMATIC EFFECT - CLOSE UP OF TERRIFIED LECTURER) UNSW law graduate who's far superior legal skills and flawless reasoning against whom you will be powerless!!!

Last edited:

kini mini

HSC
Re: Scene at hogwarts usyd law school

Lecturer: "Now listen up children, I am quite serious,... you might need these magic spells one day when confronting the dreaded...

Harry: (interrupting) Ooh! you mean confronting the dreaded green dragon?

Lecturer: No, when...

Harry: Ooh! when fighting the evil Troll of the Undead?

Lecturer: NO! something far worse! when (voice quavers) battling The UNSW law graduate!!! (Thundercrack, candles go out and close-up of lecturer's fearful face)... (FAR-AWAY LOOK IN EYES)when you are confronted in court by a practitioner of the DARK ARTS! (COLLECTIVE GASP), you'll need all the phoney spells you can muster because, well, it's the ONLY thing that can even challenge a (PAUSE FOR DRAMATIC EFFECT - CLOSE UP OF TERRIFIED LECTURER) UNSW law graduate who's far superior legal skills and flawless reasoning will be simply no match for your own!!!
Are you saying we'll be no match for them? How about changing that last bit to "reasoning against whom you will be powerless" ;) ?

kini mini

HSC
haha sorry, wrote it too fast! thanks kini min!

Lol, don't tell 'em our achilles heel is simple grammar!
No problem, giving them poor impressions would be no good at all :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
rotfl a couple times over ...

soul, thats was some funny stuff, back there!

1 more

fructis
HSC
:graduate::evilfire::graduate::bat::graduate:

Soul, you make me laugh.

Last edited:

timmii

sporadic attendee
After i finished laughing out loud at Soul, my next reaction was pity. The dementors surely got the best of him, and he has been frightened out of his wits. Maybe if he's behaves himself and respects and awes the might of the venerable institution of Hogwarts, Dumbledore may consider providing him with the secret antidote.

Oh and as for that grammar - how can you possibly expect any spells to be executed correctly if you can't even communicate clearly? Oh for shame! This is all an elaborate ruse to obfuscate the truth - Snape wouldn't let you into his potions class!

timmii

sporadic attendee
Re: hehe thanks

That should stir 'em up, (dont mention my grammar slip! lol )
" 'em"? There's only me. Hmmm i'm appreciating the disturbance I've caused :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)